0   0   0
image.jpg

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones absolutely hate dinos, and I think that is what may be on the rocks around it. They are fairly toxic to most marine life. Would be best if you can take it out until the dinos are gone.
The dinos will kill the anemone if they are present for long enough.

OP
OP
N

NicoleZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea what happened, I have 3 anemones. The other two are perfectly fine. I was cleaning the glass and my biggest rose tip just shriveled up. It’s always been that color but it’s never shriveled like that before

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea what happened, I have 3 anemones. The other two are perfectly fine. I was cleaning the glass and my biggest rose tip just shriveled up. It’s always been that color but it’s never shriveled like that before
When you cleaned the glass was there brown stuff with bubbles on the glass?
If that was the case one thing i've found that really disturbs nems is when they the dinos start touching them directly. Due to their sticky bubble tips when healthy, free floating dinos that have been cleaned off of glass or rock easily stick to them and in some cases they may even end up eating them, with dinos being toxic this is not ideal.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on the dinos, I see a lot of bubble algae though. Nem looks unhappy, but not terrible.

OP
OP
N

NicoleZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have any bubbles , I have a little bit of hair algae . My tank is just finishing a cycling because I added some new rocks a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
N

NicoleZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those little dots are sand on my rocks because I used to have a trigger that likes to spit sand everywhere

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the shiny looking stuff on the right that looks like bubble algae to me. It's too blurry to tell for sure, but I see a quite a bit of shine coming off green spherical looking things.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nem looks worse in this pic that the first. Gaping mouth now. Maybe it was gaping in the first pic, but again, hard to tell.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back