Wood filler / putty recommendations...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Water Dog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
4,219
Reaction score
4,781
Location
Fairfield, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys, I’m in the process of putting together a 2x4 stand for my rimless 57. I have a question for all of you woodworking experts out there... What is the best and easily sandable wood filler / putty for covering over finish nails and panel nails in trim pieces and 1/4” birch plywood skin? Also, what grits of sandpaper do you recommend. Do you let the filler dry fully before sanding? I will be priming and painting the stand white and want as clean and smooth a surface as possible before applying paint. Thanks! :)

3A398611-2C0D-4F56-8050-1228640850BA.jpeg
 
8C63E7F7-7459-4591-8ED7-5A0BF5B38E42.jpeg
Hi Guys, I’m in the process of putting together a 2x4 stand for my rimless 57. I have a question for all of you woodworking experts out there... What is the best and easily sandable wood filler / putty for covering over finish nails and panel nails in trim pieces and 1/4” birch plywood skin? Also, what grits of sandpaper do you recommend. Do you let the filler dry fully before sanding? I will be priming and painting the stand white and want as clean and smooth a surface as possible before applying paint. Thanks! :)

3A398611-2C0D-4F56-8050-1228640850BA.jpeg
I try Minwax wood filler, and used a 15$ sander. I dont remeber the grit I used
This is before and after sanding

9D8A7912-EDBF-4931-9C3D-9E863ED270CC.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new