Work in Progress...aka WIP

Kingston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this is the right place for this....
I started the 96 x 30 x 30 custom aquariums tank about 4 months ago but for some reason couldn't figure out how to start a build thread and then it fell off my radar until I got an alert about a build thread badge 2 days ago.
I guess I will go read up what format people use and then come back.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can start a new build thread here :) Looking forward to seeing the tank soon!

OP
OP
Kingston

Kingston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initial stages 4 months ago....
Tank size 96 X 30x 30 custom aquarium tank
Sump: Custom aquarium seamless sump
Regal ext 300

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

OP
OP
Kingston

Kingston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my tank about a year ago. The tank initially sat in my garage for almost 8 months because I couldn't find help to move it until last summer when I had friends visiting. Tank dimensions is as above with custom stand. I decided to try the seamless sump because it is modular and easier to fit in the stand. I used the CA stealth box overflow system and plumbed everything myself with help from YouTube videos. I have an LFS owner who recommended some equipment. He suggested I go with reef octopus regal skimmer if I plan on stocking heavy in the future so I figured a way to plump it into the sump and built a DIY cabinet for it (wife hates it). Per LFS recommendation I tried to acquascape with 400 lb of Marco rocks. I used about 370lb before I decided I need room to fish to swim and carols to grow. I used Caribsea live sand a bit coarse grain per LFS owner to prevent a sand storm. In Feb this year I started a fish less cycling using Dr Tims ammonium.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back