Working on starting my second tank - pico reef

Eli-reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
20
Location
Columbus, Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 13.5 that's been running for a year, now I'm starting up a 5-gal pico reef.
No solid plans on stocking it yet, would love any input. Not planning on adding a fish, just as much diversity in coral/ inverts as I can.

Planning to add a sand bed, and use water, live rock, and filter media from the existing tank to get it started right up.

Hoping to take more advantage of the coral farms near me. The tank will be going on my desk so I can watch it while I do grad school work!
 
Hello & Welcome
IMG_8890.jpeg
 
I'd still recommend a small nano fish, great source of nitrates for your corals! There are some small goby options you might enjoy.
It's definitely something I'm still considering, I appreciate the input! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new