World Wide Corals NEW Winter Park Location Build Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One image but it's a good one! Show tank wall/room is looking hot. :eek:

fGIPVxV.jpg

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update for the Winter Park store! The guys are making great progress over there.

JW doing some plumbing on the 10' Display Tank.
kb2vxeO.jpg

RO and Saltwater drums for the Winter Park Store. They will stay hidden from the retail floor giving the store a clean look.
7Tnbsdl.jpg

Josh mounting an RO unit for the stores water supply.
vDJYql4.jpg

And here it is in its final resting place near the drums.
skFfi3q.jpg

A shot of the filtration at the back of the 10' Display Tank.
Nv4YAJG.jpg

And finally a photo of the Winter Park store in its current state. Check out that fish only show tank on the left! You guys have any requests on non reef safe fish you'd like to see in it?
c4ddnBA.jpg

More updates on the way! ;Snaphappy

Elliot Buss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update for the Winter Park store! The guys are making great progress over there.

JW doing some plumbing on the 10' Display Tank.
kb2vxeO.jpg

RO and Saltwater drums for the Winter Park Store. They will stay hidden from the retail floor giving the store a clean look.
7Tnbsdl.jpg

Josh mounting an RO unit for the stores water supply.
vDJYql4.jpg

And here it is in its final resting place near the drums.
skFfi3q.jpg

A shot of the filtration at the back of the 10' Display Tank.
Nv4YAJG.jpg

And finally a photo of the Winter Park store in its current state. Check out that fish only show tank on the left! You guys have any requests on non reef safe fish you'd like to see in it?
c4ddnBA.jpg

More updates on the way! ;Snaphappy

Hey awesome set-up! What type of RODI unit is that I go through several thousand every week haha

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new store, looks like a smooth ride for u guys. All the best.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys plan on running a system for budget frags like TSA ? I know you guys had a small tank back in the day but it didn't last too long.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys plan on running a system for budget frags like TSA ? I know you guys had a small tank back in the day but it didn't last too long.

Not sure if we will have a system dedicated to that but will make sure to have a section with some lower priced frags for sure :)

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still on track for early July opening? We're vacationing in Florida the week of July 7th so hoping to make a visit to one of the WWC stores.
If you're looking for livestock your best bet is the current store. Even if the Winter Park store is open by then it won't be stocked with livestock like the current store yet.

Howlnsound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have to say “Thank you” to all the guys over at WWC.
I was in Orlando on a business trip for a conference this week and my friends at ARC in Buffalo, NY told me before I left, I “had to check this place out”. So I did, not thinking at all, that I would get the Outstanding treatment that I got.
Everyone was Fantastic! Extreamly knowledgable, and spent more time with me showing me almost everything in the place so I could have a visit to remember than I could have possibly have dreamed of.
I was so overwhelmed by the friendliness and excitement in their voices when we talked about different corals and our tanks. I talked to a ton of different people, it was great, I felt at home and I live across the country.
The store and livestock was absolutely amazing and very diverse. I was so overwhelmed, I had to come back again the next day after it all sunk in, to make some purchases before I left Florida.
I could have bought one (or two) of everything, especially the Euphillia, of course they would have to let me live there, cause my wife would kill me if I came home, but I picked out, with their help sorting through all the many different selections, some stunning Zoas and Palys and these great folks at WWC are shipping them home for me.

If the new location, which they tell me is so much bigger and will be even more diverse, is run half as well, and with the same feeling of welcoming as this place, they will have to expand again very soon because they will be swamped! The people here are top notch!

I can’t wait to visit again! It will definitely be a non negotiable stop for me next time I’m in town!

Thank you again for the great time! (And frags!)
Kevin from Buffalo, NY

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have to say “Thank you” to all the guys over at WWC.
I was in Orlando on a business trip for a conference this week and my friends at ARC in Buffalo, NY told me before I left, I “had to check this place out”. So I did, not thinking at all, that I would get the Outstanding treatment that I got.
Everyone was Fantastic! Extreamly knowledgable, and spent more time with me showing me almost everything in the place so I could have a visit to remember than I could have possibly have dreamed of.
I was so overwhelmed by the friendliness and excitement in their voices when we talked about different corals and our tanks. I talked to a ton of different people, it was great, I felt at home and I live across the country.
The store and livestock was absolutely amazing and very diverse. I was so overwhelmed, I had to come back again the next day after it all sunk in, to make some purchases before I left Florida.
I could have bought one (or two) of everything, especially the Euphillia, of course they would have to let me live there, cause my wife would kill me if I came home, but I picked out, with their help sorting through all the many different selections, some stunning Zoas and Palys and these great folks at WWC are shipping them home for me.

If the new location, which they tell me is so much bigger and will be even more diverse, is run half as well, and with the same feeling of welcoming as this place, they will have to expand again very soon because they will be swamped! The people here are top notch!

I can’t wait to visit again! It will definitely be a non negotiable stop for me next time I’m in town!

Thank you again for the great time! (And frags!)
Kevin from Buffalo, NY

Hey Kevin, thanks for the great feedback! It was our pleasure to show you around the store and help you pick out some nice frags. Our new locations in both Orlando and Winter park are coming along great, hopefully you have another business trip coming up soon so you can stop by and check them out :)

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Status update! It’s getting. exciting up in here!

Here you can see the 500 starting to clear up.

B5B6D7ED-CB1D-4854-966F-05833C29CFF2.jpeg

And the fish only is now going through it’s initial cycle.
5D7C955F-DAE2-49E3-A9AD-8522A9A04FB7.jpeg

And our main coral system is curing out, getting closer each day to being able to support some gorgeous corals coming from our farm...
A476CE22-0941-4CEE-B06D-4170B5A3069A.jpeg

Why don’t you look at that! Pretty clean layout, don’t you think?
3182867A-45D8-4CED-A902-6787ABE2D62A.jpeg

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suspect because the insanely colored corals will pop against a dark background a lot more than they will a light one. No one paints the back of their tank white.
Good point on making colors pop.

Usually runners are white naturally but that helps greatly for reflective purposes. I painted my frag tank white and it really helped light up the corals from the bottom. Although at the time I was also trying to make up for weak lighting.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is starting to come together now! The anticipation is almost too much to bear, lol!

The main coral system is racked and is ready for some lights!

9789A5A7-12CB-4414-850D-4BF56432AFC1.jpeg

Wait!?! Was that tank there before?
BF5C684C-D588-409A-9911-699D251FAE9D.jpeg

We are crossing those t’s! Everything has to be lined up perfectly!
1D2660E0-51BE-4231-AD7F-B6C5B0DB38BE.jpeg

Now that’s what I’m talking about!!! Let there be light over the 500 gallon!
04BD923D-DC17-44A2-A306-089E45C79522.jpeg

See... Even we cycle out our systems with damsels
5DF6E919-B747-4B22-949D-7F14C4A56641.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back