Worm...NASTY...and I want it out...!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishjunky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fishjunky

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
136
Reaction score
4
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a nasty worm eating a snail today. So gross looking and makes me itch all over just looking at it. It has little spines around it. Looks to be about 6 inches long...I tried to scoop it and it retracted into a rock...HOW DO I GET THIS THING OUT ?
 
Hmmm...might be...I will do some research...still think I want it gone...can't stand things that look like that !!!....why are bristleworms good?
 
If its a bristle worm leave it be! They eat excess nutrients and are a key part to the reef ecosystem. Get a flashlight with a red cover and flash it at night. I'm sure you have more than just one ;) domt touch em either! It will hurt
 
Oh my...I am afraid to look...that thing really freaks me out (much like the Mantis...can't stand the looks of those either)...I might take the rock out I saw it go into...dry it out...I have a clean up crew for detritus.
 
Lol I agree!! Helpful or not... EEWWW!!
Here's a monster I snagged in my tank.
y3u7a9yz.jpg
 
I got mine by holding the rock over the sink and running water through all the holes... and that guy popped out.
 
Get a Bicolor Goatfish. I had close to a hundred bristle worms in my 72g reef tank. The Goatfish ate them all within a couple weeks.
 
Come to think of it...I think that snail has been dead for a couple days...so maybe the worm didn't kill it, just eating the carcus??
 
Couldn't agree more!!! Had the chills for awhile lol. Good/Bad, I don't want those things in my tank!! If they pooped out ultra maxima clams I still wouldn't want it!

Liquid360...that thing is beyond nasty !!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new