Would a Bursa Triggerfish be good in a 40 Gallon temporary?

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, now before I ask this, I know triggerfish ae aggressive and reef safe and now for some reason I am addicted to triggerfish. I just have a couple questions. First- Would a triggerfish be able to go in a 40 Gallon (with other aggressive such as a Maroon clown and some three striped damsels.) temporarily? I know they swim alot but I will have the right rockwork and maybe after a couple years I do want to switch him. I know they are strong against ich and I picked the Bursa because I know they only need 70 Gallons when they a fully grown. Second- If I feed them alot, will they not eat my inverts? How much would I have to feed them? Thank you if you guys (and girls) reply.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue-throat is less likely (note: less-likely does not mean that your shrimp and crabs are 100% safe!) to go after inverts than the bursa. I'd be fine with the smaller triggers in a 40-B for a truly short time - like, a month or two of quarantine for instance - but if it's going to be two years, wait until the upgrade tank is actually sitting in your house. Too often, life interferes and upgrades don't happen.

Although I haven't kept them, I don't think that motile inverts (and some sessile inverts) will be particularly safe around a trigger like the bursa - it's just who they are / what they do.

~B.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bursa trigger needs at least a 125g, 6ft tank, when mature, suppliers that give out these small tanks for this fish should be ashame. These fish grow slowly and they count on you not keeping them alive long enough to witness their aggression in smaller tanks.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back