Wrasse ID.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ismira
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ismira

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2022
Messages
30
Reaction score
10
Location
aus
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone can ID this wrasse for me. The LFS just said it’s an old glory wrasse, which when I googled gives me rainford goby.
IMG_1553.png
 
No expert but looks like a 6 line wrasse to me

Edit - ignore me , looks nothing like a 6 line now haha
 
Juvenile adorned wrasse?
You might be onto something there. I thought maybe Halichoeres melanurus, but the Halichoeres cosmetus does match really well too. I guess they are sister species right?
 
Juvenile adorned wrasse?
You might be onto something there. I thought maybe Halichoeres melanurus, but the Halichoeres cosmetus does match really well too. I guess they are sister species right?
Might be melanurus, going by the spot on its tail. Hard to see from the picture.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new