wrasse options for 50 gallon

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 x 23 isn't enough room for H. melanurus, in my opinion.

Possum or pink streak wrasse would be great options.
For me, having a bad experience with my possum that's still in my DT. So far it killed a corris, lubbock, pintail, pink streak, and fairy. I thought all along it was the damsel until I caught is killing the corris. all wrasses were dbl it's size as well. Planning to move this little guy out once I re-scape my DT then stocking up on wrasses again.

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do they have to be the same wrasse? like male/female or can two different flasher wrasse males achieve the heightened colors?
I'm following along and super curious about the answer to this as well since a flasher wrasse was on the list for my 50 gallon cube stocking.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm following along and super curious about the answer to this as well since a flasher wrasse was on the list for my 50 gallon cube stocking.
2 different species if males is the best option. Female parachelinus/cirrhilabrus change to male in captivity with or without the presence of a male the majority of the time, and 2 males of same species will battle to death in confined aquariums.

robdareefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 40 breeder and I have a sixline and a Lubbock fairy and let me tell you it was a job to get them to behave. I had to put the sixline in the sump more times then I could count. Now they are buddies. I think it just took a little time for the fairy to get a little bigger. BTW I only have 6 fish in a 40 breeder.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back