Status
Not open for further replies.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This isn’t yelp. Just because they pay shouldn’t make them immune to the observation they seem to wildly overcharge compared to many competitors

Just because some one wildly overcharges doesn't mean anyone pays those prices. If someone does not want to pay xxxx for a green slimer. Jokes on them. Who cares - this is Im sorry a silly debate. They are not setting the price for green slimers. except for people that buy from this site - with their guarantee and their procedures (whether they are worth it or not) - ditto for the rest of the corals they selll. If you dont like it - move on....

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Unfortunately, their prices are high, but this appears to be developing into a bashing thread.
Simply as civil humans and consumers, we simply walk away and don't buy the items at high pricing. Im sure Many are correct that they have a new facility to pay for, and it is only right that they have to raise prices as this new facility had to be outrageously expensive.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. While we encourage debate and discussion, we do not allow bashing or “mob mentality” threads. This one is starting to head in that direction, if it continues we will have to shut this thread down. Please keep in mind we take the “be nice” rule very seriously and will not tolerate any further bashing.

scottedontknow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol this isn’t complicated. This thing called supply and demand, so long as people continue to buy from WWC or any other over priced store they can continue to raise prices until people finally get smart and STOP buying from them. If sales plummeted the prices would absolutely have to go down or they would end up out of business. Plain and simple. Rant over :)

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it unfair? Take the following for example:

That is an insane price. TSA was mentioned as well for high prices yet they charge 5x less.

In line with or just a bit more than:

how about a common strawberry shortcake acro? WWC charging$140
Isn’t really in line with others again.

PC rainbow for $129 https://worldwidecorals.com/collections/acropora/products/pc-rainbow-acropora-3477
Again well higher than:

That’s just a quick search of each. I’d do that greenslimer but tired of using my phone like this. I think it’s a fair observation that many of their prices are very high.
This post is exactly why I started this thread. Thank you @sde1500 for doing that. When price differences are so grossly over and above others the vendors need to know we are looking..

delv2323

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen them raise prices on their website a week or two before they have their half price or thirty percent off sale. It's not bashing nor is it something that should be shrugged off...it's dishonest. I only happened to notice because I thought their prices before the "new" baseline to be reduced via sale was already absurd.

TreyC2010

But baby, the fish need it....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do understand that their prices are higher than others but you get what you pay for. They quarantine well, have excellent customer service, they stand by their warranties, and offer a great selection. I’ll echo some others and say that if you don’t like the price, then just don’t buy it. If I had any option, I know where I’d buy every coral. The only reason I buy elsewhere is if I’m looking for something they don’t have at the moment.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This post is exactly why I started this thread. Thank you @sde1500 for doing that. When price differences are so grossly over and above others the vendors need to know we are looking..
Seems like you are reading the post that supports your opinion - nd ignoring those that do not. I do not. WWC can charge whatever they want IHO - if they offer a value as compared to others - (according to the buyer) - who should say otherwise. People talk with their wallets..... I think

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious - are you surprised by this? They didn't buy '1 or 2' radions - they bought a large number - first its called 'buying in bulk' - second - if they have good corals - its great advertising for Echotech. 3. Have you ever watched shark tank? Listen when they ask 'how much does it cost you to make, and how much do you sell it for' - if the prices to produce are higher than 25-30 percent of what they can sell for - people will say the margins are 'bad'.
That's not my point. Radion XR30's are over $800. Only $120 to make them. Insane profit, but good for them.

They're like Beats by Dre. $18 bucks to make, retails for $400.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BTW the problem with what you are saying - with all due respect is 'unfair'. If someone said you HAVE to buy coral xxxx at yyyy price that would be 'unfair' no one Is doing that. If people dont compare prices, warrantees QT's etc thats is on the. not the vendor

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's not my point. Radion XR30's are over $800. Only $120 to make them. Insane profit, but good for them.

They're like Beats by Dre. $18 bucks to make, retails for $400.
that was exactly your point.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What's worse is wholesale, they're over $600. Because of MAP, LFS barely makes any money off of them.
Well they must think its worthwhile because they get customers into the store, that buy fish, coral, etc. Have you ever heard of a loss leader? In any case - no one is forcing any LFS to sell Radions either?

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they must think its worthwhile because they get customers into the store, that buy fish, coral, etc. Have you ever heard of a loss leader? In any case - no one is forcing any LFS to sell Radions either?
No one is forcing anything. Never said anything about that lol. Just stating facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Surfandturf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the real issue is that a lot of people in our hobby do not take proper care of the corals we buy. I am guilty of purchasing corals early in the hobby and having them wither away. After a ton of research, proper husbandry techniques, and help from reefers such as the ones on this site, I am able to propogate my own corals. The bottom line, prices are high because they shut down the Indonesian coral trade which leaves Austrailia and those that propogate. If you don't want high prices in the hobby, then help educate others and demand will decrease which in turn will help decrease the prices. Unless of course you want thise super rare strains. Then you gotta pay up.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yet you gave the wrong response.
Not sure what you mean - did you mean I responded to the wrong post - or what - either way what you said doesnt make sense, People pay what they want - for what they believe to be 'value'. 'Rich' people CONTRARY to nosrt comment here are rich because they are conservative with their spending - buying only what they think is 'value;. granted - someone could buy a Ford Focus instead of a lambhorgihini. but that is something else. In this case, I disagrww

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Companies make products they may cost pennies and they sell them for $$$. thats capitalism. It might be right - it may be wrong. In any case - its they way things work.

If I said I have a green slimer and listed it on ebay for $1000 - would that make me a bad person - no - that would make me a fool - because no one would pay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back