Yellow Coris wrasse hiding under the sand

joeman829

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a Yellow coris wrasse to my tank yesterday and I put it in the tank and my melanarus wrasse was acting slightly aggressive towards it. I had to leave and once I came back the fish was gone. It has not come out from under the sand and I am wondering how long it can stay under the sand until something is wrong.

OP
OP
J

joeman829

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone wondering why I added another fish after the death of my China pearl wrasse I brought back the dead fish to my lfs and I was able to get the yellow coris wrasse as an exchange

neilldrever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand sleeping Wrasses normally hide for a few days to a week when first introduced in my experience. They often come out after lights out at first to forrage for food but certainly won't starve themsleves before venturing out. Just give it time.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand sleeping Wrasses normally hide for a few days to a week when first introduced in my experience. They often come out after lights out at first to forrage for food but certainly won't starve themsleves before venturing out. Just give it time.
They can stay under for months at a time and still come out just fine. Honestly I agree with this, leave the wrasse to do its own thing and then eventually it’ll just come out on its own for longer periods of time.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can stay under for months at a time and still come out just fine. Honestly I agree with this, leave the wrasse to do its own thing and then eventually it’ll just come out on its own for longer periods of time.
I have a melanarus that generally stays buried until it's feeding time, resurfaces, eats, swims around and then goes back into the sand until the next feeding. So I agree - let sleeping wrasses lie. :grinning-squinting-face:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
When new, they will dive and eventually peek out. Presence of foof often brings them out. Brine shri0p may entice it to come out but be patient as its a new environment for this fish

OP
OP
J

joeman829

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When new, they will dive and eventually peek out. Presence of foof often brings them out. Brine shri0p may entice it to come out but be patient as its a new environment for this fish
Ok sounds good. Before i posted this I already had fed the tank mystis so I was getting worried

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back