Yellow Flanked Wrasse acting VERY weird

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Yellow Flanked wrasse is acting VERY weird and I am worried he may not be with me for much longer.
I've had him for about a year. He's about 5 inches and was healthy. He's in a 180 gallon display.
He's swimming but not as vigorously as usual. his color is not as viberant as usual. I've seen him do a few 360's this morning, turning belly over back a few times spinning / rolling in the water. Something is wrong or he's practicing a new trick. He ate along with the other fish but not as vigorously as he normally would.

I will be keeping an eye on the Yellow Flanked Wrasse. I don't know what I might be able to do for him. He's such a beautiful fish. I don't want to lose him.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Alk...8.6 (good)
Cal...463 (good but slightly higher than I want)
Mag..1416 (a little high)
Nitrate...0ppm (bad)
Phos......0.12 - 0.16 (high)

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A short video would really help. Sounds like it could be a neurological issue, if so, there really isn't much that can be done about that.

Jay

OP
OP
Dj City

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if I can get a video of him doing it. Most of the time, he is acting and swimming pretty close to normal.
He is staying on one side of the tank more than normal though and not being as active as normal..

I saw him scratch up on the rocks and sand so I pulled the carbon, turned the skimmer off and dose Prazipro.

I have not added new fish in a long time. I have added coral but no fish. If it's flukes or another external parasite, the prazipro should help.
I hope.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if I can get a video of him doing it. Most of the time, he is acting and swimming pretty close to normal.
He is staying on one side of the tank more than normal though and not being as active as normal..

I saw him scratch up on the rocks and sand so I pulled the carbon, turned the skimmer off and dose Prazipro.

I have not added new fish in a long time. I have added coral but no fish. If it's flukes or another external parasite, the prazipro should help.
I hope.
You should repeat the prazipro dose after 7 to 10 days. Ensure the tank is aerated well - one trick is to remove the skimmer collection cup, but still run it during treatment.

Jay

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back