Yellow tang aggression

ndewys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I added a fox face rabbit fish to my tank after quarantining it of course, and there’s been a fair amount of aggression coming from my yellow tang towards its new tank mate. Should I be concerned. It seems when ever I go closer to the tank the yellow tang gets more aggressive.

OP
OP
N

ndewys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I added a fox face rabbit fish to my tank after quarantining it of course, and there’s been a fair amount of aggression coming from my yellow tang towards its new tank mate. Should I be concerned. It seems when ever I go closer to the tank the yellow tang gets more aggressive.

Attachments

• IMG_1420.MOV
    11.1 MB

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very important they have hiding places. You can try turning the lights off for a day or 2. Keep them well feed and time will tell.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is the tank?
Yellows are usually terrors with aggression, I personally wouldn’t add anything else now that yours is established. If they have hiding (and blind) spots it will reduce aggression

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've noticed the key to keeping tang aggression down is feeding plenty of nori, dried seaweed.

Another method is placing these up against the glass to give the yellow tang something else to focus its attention to
Screenshot_20220917-110937_Amazon Shopping.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back