Yellow tang Poo or Parasites?

TheDuude

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2020
Messages
555
Reaction score
528
Location
Detroit
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just over a year old CB Biota tang I purchased from Live Aquaria. He has always had slight HLLE. I feed frozen food soaked in selcon and plenty of Nori. HLLE has not healed but is not getting worse as he ages. Trying to do everything I can to make sure he is healthy as possible. Noticing his poo is pretty stringy. Looks alot like chaeto which I do give him on occasion. It's Browish green. Not white.

What do u you all think?

20210528_202934~2.jpg
 
That does look like undigested algae filaments to me.
I had thought those Biota YT would outgrow the HLLE/epithelial thinning they showed when they were sold, guess I was wrong.

Jay
 
Thanks that's what I was hoping.. anything else I can do to help heal HLLE as he grows?
 
Can you get a picture of the whole fish? There are actually two syndromes - true HLLE and then something I call epithelial thinning.
Jay
 
Can you get a picture of the whole fish? There are actually two syndromes - true HLLE and then something I call epithelial thinning.
Jay
Sorry to jump in but what you mean by epithelial thinning.i just did quick google search and brought up eyes and wearing contact lenses.then added fish to the search and mentioned intestines and started in trouts.so is it about the intestines not working as they should be ? Sorry just curious
 
Whole fish photo. This has remained about the same since I received him.
20210528_202926.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new