Yellow Watchman Goby

torombolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening everyone, I need some guidance, I added a YWG last Saturday to my 29, first few days he was fine darting out of his new home for food, be flakes, pellets or misis. Last 2 or 3 days he wants nothing, he will not come out, for food or anything, the only tank mates are a pair os small snowflake Clowns that stay on the other side of the tank.

any suggestions, I dont want him to starve to death, thanks in advance

Dw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been known to do this from time to time. It is probably coming after lights out and sifting a little sand

saltnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YWG are known to like to stay in or under the rock work. Of course any fish can act different from others that are the same species. I have one and he hides a lot. But when I view the tank from a distance I see him more than when I get close. I used to worry if he was eating enough. I have had him now for a little over 6 months and he seems to be fine. I usually feed with lights on for my sexy shrimp and he some times eats then and some times eats later. I love how he always looks like a grouch such a big frown.

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you do a proper quarantine or did you put it straight into the tank.
Fish being reclusive and not eating can be a sign of an infection.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Mine occasionally ignores food , but try anything meaty . . . Mysis shrimp, med pellets, sm plankton, brine shrimp, etc. Minne rarely goes after dry foods

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gal stays pretty much under her rock with her pistol shrimp. She sifts sand a bit, but will also sometimes come for food. The thing is, she doesn’t move far from her little holes.

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No quarantine, only proper a aclimation, that is what worries me
Ideally you want to do at an observational quarantine of at least 6 weeks. If the fish comes with something or has other issues you can intervene. And you don't put your other fish at risk.
It's also a good way to make sure that the fish is eating well and trained to take the foods you offer.

For gobies to disappear for a while is not unusual, especially shrimp gobies that don't have a shrimp to dig a burrow for them.

OP
OP
torombolo

torombolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeap, been doing a stalking in the dark and spotted him lurking around, also came out for some Mysis finally.

Thanks for the help

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back