Yellow Watchman Goby???

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A long time ago I had a pair of Yellow Watchman Gobies. I made them a burrow by Heating PVC Pipe and Squeezing it into an oval. Later on I added a Pistol Shrimp. Only one of the Gobies paired with the Shrimp, which caused squabbling. I liked to have a Paired set with a Shrimp. Need some advice. Also Currently in the 120 Gallon, 4 x 2 x 2, are a Yellow Tang, Vox Angel, Flameback Angel, and a Neon Cleaner Goby.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A long time ago I had a pair of Yellow Watchman Gobies. I made them a burrow by Heating PVC Pipe and Squeezing it into an oval. Later on I added a Pistol Shrimp. Only one of the Gobies paired with the Shrimp, which caused squabbling. I liked to have a Paired set with a Shrimp. Need some advice. Also Currently in the 120 Gallon, 4 x 2 x 2, are a Yellow Tang, Vox Angel, Flameback Angel, and a Neon Cleaner Goby.
You can have a pair with a pistol shrimp however you will want to get an established pair that are already with a pistol shrimp for the best chances of this working.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
best is one per shrimp. Ive seen them fight and outcome is Not pretty

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best is one per shrimp. Ive seen them fight and outcome is Not pretty
Generally the rule is one shrimp per tank, for the same reason as why it’s not recommended to have separate species of the same genus of goby in the same tank - They tend to fight to the death and not get along.

OP
OP
S

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Clarification, I start with Two Yellow Watchmen Gobies, No Shrimp. They shared the Pipe, as their burrow. Added a Shrimp, one of the Gobies paired with the Shrimp, the other did not. The Gobies then started to Fight :confused-face:

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have either the Pistol shrimp or goby(s)? Pic of your setup?

We picked up a paired PS and YWG. They were great, but goby had disappeared eventually. Later we were able to add an un-paired, single YWG back into the mix and he paired with pistol shrimp in about 2.5 days. They are currently best friends :)

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two PS and two YWG. Each of the YWG live separately with its shrimp in my 40 gal tank. Not able to take picture of the other pair. They are at the back of the tank.
IMG_0286.jpeg
IMG_0289.jpeg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have either the Pistol shrimp or goby(s)? Pic of your setup?

We picked up a paired PS and YWG. They were great, but goby had disappeared eventually. Later we were able to add an un-paired, single YWG back into the mix and he paired with pistol shrimp in about 2.5 days. They are currently best friends :)
My YWG is a really good eater, as you can see in the previous post. I expect for him to grow quickly. So far I have no problem feeding him at all. He eats everything, flakes, pellets or frozen.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back