Yet Another FWMAS'er

trigger1121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to drop in and give a quick introduction of myself. I've been in the hobby a little over six years, and reefing for five. I currently have a 30gal Breeder display lit with a 4 bulb Tek T5 fixture and a 29gal sump. I was a little skeptical at first about the short height of the tank relative to its length and width, but now I'm loving the look of my shallow reef. The only thing I'd want to change would be to make it rimmless.

My goal with this tank is to keep it long enough to actually grow it out. I've had too many tanks over the past few years, and I'd like to fill one with mature coral rather than have hundreds of frags. This is extremely difficult for me since I can always find that "one more frag" that I need.

The other thing I'm trying with this tank is vodka dosing. I'm a sales rep for a liquor wholesaler so this naturally caught my eye. The tank is almost a year old now, and I've been dosing it for most of its life. So far I'm very satisfied with my results. Recently, I've started adding a few ZeoVit products to my dosing regimen, but I won't comment on those until I've got some more time with them.

That's some of my story, and where I'm at now in the hobby. I look forward to comparing experiences and methodologies with you all in the future.

Thanks

Craig

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back