You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pokémon for sure!
Then call the regal mudkip ;)
I have to admit I haven’t made it far. The Pokémon names are far longer than I’d remembered. I had penciled down pichu for the regal though :face-with-tears-of-joy:
IMG_6489.jpeg

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to admit I haven’t made it far. The Pokémon names are far longer than I’d remembered. I had penciled down pichu for the regal though :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I’m pretty much at the end of the Pokémon games for now, still need to complete violet but other than that I’m pretty much complete with them all ;)

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty much at the end of the Pokémon games for now, still need to complete violet but other than that I’m pretty much complete with them all ;)
I was really into the first 5 generations of games since I could play them on the computer. Decided to try 6 and 7 over the pandemic. I liked 6 (sorry forgot the names) but the Hawaiiesque one for gen 7 didn’t do it for me and that was the last time I touched the franchise. Still fond of it all though.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really into the first 5 generations of games since I could play them on the computer. Decided to try 6 and 7 over the pandemic. I liked 6 (sorry forgot the names) but the Hawaiiesque one for gen 7 didn’t do it for me and that was the last time I touched the franchise. Still fond of it all though.
Sun/Moon was fun but definitely agree with the Hawaii theme being a bit much.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I cleaned my tank and it is incredible how clear my tank lid is now:
IMG_6505.jpeg

You'll notice the cyano and unfortunately USPS seems to have lost the calcium carbonate I ordered for coral snow. It was supposed to be here Sunday and it hasn't moved since 8:07 am yesterday.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally it arrived @tbrown3589 ! Also I found the magicians this morning though they have not reopened yet.
IMG_6512.jpeg
Just wait until it clears up you'll be amazed at how crystal clear your water is. I don't have any "floaties" in my water ever anymore.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wait until it clears up you'll be amazed at how crystal clear your water is. I don't have any "floaties" in my water ever anymore.
I must be doing something wrong. All it did for me was turn into white pellet looking turds. I dosed 3 times, once per day following instructions. Unless i got the wrong calcium carbonate
20230517_140640.jpg

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be doing something wrong. All it did for me was turn into white pellet looking turds. I dosed 3 times, once per day following instructions. Unless i got the wrong calcium carbonate
20230517_140640.jpg
If it's pure calcium carbonate it should be fine. FWIW this is the stuff I use

I mix 10 tablespoons into 15oz RODI. I do this the day before I use it then put the mixture in the fridge. When I'm ready to dose I shake it real well then dose 5 ml per 50 gallons. Put the mixture back in the fridge and repeat until my next batch.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it's pure calcium carbonate it should be fine. FWIW this is the stuff I use

I mix 10 tablespoons into 15oz RODI. I do this the day before I use it then put the mixture in the fridge. When I'm ready to dose I shake it real well then dose 5 ml per 50 gallons. Put the mixture back in the fridge and repeat until my next batch.

I'll try the 5ml per 50g and see what happens. I was just adding 5ml due to the dosing on the diy thread.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just add 1 tsp in some tank water, shake well, let it sit for a couple of minutes, add Microbacter, shake well, dump in the tank with the sump Off and let it run for 2 or 3 hours and turn the sump back on.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just add 1 tsp in some tank water, shake well, let it sit for a couple of minutes, add Microbacter, shake well, dump in the tank with the sump Off and let it run for 2 or 3 hours and turn the sump back on.
Thanks for the tip. I'm feeling hopeful on this. How often do you do it?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also, @Randy Holmes-Farley commented yesterday or today exactly what I thought was going on - a drop in alk is likely when using calcium carbonate as well as a potential for losing some trace minerals, calcium, and magnesium.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, @Randy Holmes-Farley commented yesterday or today exactly what I thought was going on - a drop in alk is likely when using calcium carbonate as well as a potential for losing some trace minerals, calcium, and magnesium.
Thanks. I’m dosing 30ml AFR now and I just tested ALK as 9.3.

Other news the tank is clearer and turning off all but red light has done a lot against the cyano in the sump. Finally I slightly moved a rock! Since the toadstool and nepthea were fighting for light.
IMG_6519.jpeg

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having trouble picking a profile pic?

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no idea you were you with THAT pic :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped by the LFS on my way back from training and got a couple corals. One for each tank. They’ve repaired their main display and look at its only fish!
IMG_6523.jpeg
IMG_6526.jpeg

Also here is their fresh monster tank for you fresh lovers:
IMG_6524.jpeg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back