You've NEVER Seen a Pump Like THIS!

When one side is throttled back the other side will feel the same load and reduce output?
 
I am guessing it will work like that. If you throttle up or down the impact would be felt on both sides of the pump.
 
Very interesting design my maxspect. I kind of like it. We will have to see!

-Zack
 
When one side is throttled back the other side will feel the same load and reduce output?

Both sides run at the same speed head pressure notwithstanding best we can tell, although we've asked CoralVue for comment.
 
Both sides run at the same speed head pressure notwithstanding best we can tell, although we've asked CoralVue for comment.

Hmmm.... if the pump could run each side at different rates I would be in love. I understand the concept but would still need my manifold that I would love to get rid of.
 
Hmmm.... if the pump could run each side at different rates I would be in love. I understand the concept but would still need my manifold that I would love to get rid of.

CoralVue told us: Although there are two separate outputs, They are joined by a central pump. Much like a big Gyre pump. So both outputs will produce the same amount of flow on each side which is managed from the controller but will require some sort of valve off each of the outputs to control the flow individually.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new