You've NEVER Seen a Pump Like THIS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
When one side is throttled back the other side will feel the same load and reduce output?

Kid_Vegas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am guessing it will work like that. If you throttle up or down the impact would be felt on both sides of the pump.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Very interesting design my maxspect. I kind of like it. We will have to see!

-Zack

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
When one side is throttled back the other side will feel the same load and reduce output?

Both sides run at the same speed head pressure notwithstanding best we can tell, although we've asked CoralVue for comment.

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Both sides run at the same speed head pressure notwithstanding best we can tell, although we've asked CoralVue for comment.

Hmmm.... if the pump could run each side at different rates I would be in love. I understand the concept but would still need my manifold that I would love to get rid of.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Hmmm.... if the pump could run each side at different rates I would be in love. I understand the concept but would still need my manifold that I would love to get rid of.

CoralVue told us: Although there are two separate outputs, They are joined by a central pump. Much like a big Gyre pump. So both outputs will produce the same amount of flow on each side which is managed from the controller but will require some sort of valve off each of the outputs to control the flow individually.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back