Yuma Trouble?

ruegaroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I be concerned about this? Some people have said it will eventually recover when this happens and it is usually stress or defense related. I am concerned about it stinging the nearby blastos. I have another yuma on the other side of the tank and it is fine.

yuma 8-13-20.jpg

Fernthereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar issue currently with only my yuma's. SPS, LPS, as well as zoas and clover corals are happy and growing... while 3 of my yumas start dying off (look like yours).

This corresponds to 1) vibrant dosing and an almost complete absence of Nitrate and PO4 so I started dosing; 2) Of course the corresponding Dino outbreak; 3) increase of temp from 79 to 81.5F (summer)...

Any of this happening to you ?

For me I hope I don't lose any more as I have been specifically been collecting yumas and my collection is getting hit hard.... :(

Hope yours recovers. Good luck.

OP
OP
ruegaroo

ruegaroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar issue currently with only my yuma's. SPS, LPS, as well as zoas and clover corals are happy and growing... while 3 of my yumas start dying off (look like yours).

This corresponds to 1) vibrant dosing and an almost complete absence of Nitrate and PO4 so I started dosing; 2) Of course the corresponding Dino outbreak; 3) increase of temp from 79 to 81.5F (summer)...

Any of this happening to you ?

For me I hope I don't lose any more as I have been specifically been collecting yumas and my collection is getting hit hard.... :(

Hope yours recovers. Good luck.
That's too bad. Sorry to hear that. I dose vibrant once a week. My nitrate stays around 10ppm and my phosphate stays around .1-.03. My temp stays around 76-77 also. I will say my alk concerns me as it stays around 9.6. I want to lower that.

The yuma is new as I just got it Friday so I'm not sure if it is just adjusting or if it doesn't like where it has been placed. I hope it doesn't die off. All of my other corals are fine.

thought

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ruegaroo what happened after it split in half? I am trying to understand if I am having a similar issue with a Yuma

Fernthereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also can add some new info on my end (sorry to intrude in your post @ruegaroo).

An ICP came back and showed high levels of aluminium and antimony. Thus, I suspect that is what killed my Yumas *as well as two seriatopora acros and 1 monticap. I acted before receiving the results of the ICP and may have saved the rest of the corals!

Turns out it can happen when using the AA green killing mahcine UV sterilizer. So beware!

;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back