Today's addition was Purple Helix Coralline Algae in a bottle from @AlgaeBarn
1614889587130.png
Now to wait patiently ;)

elliebea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks very nice. I am considering the same one myself - can you fix an Apex Trident and dosing containers in the stand? Thank you!

OP
OP
zanthian

zanthian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks very nice. I am considering the same one myself - can you fix an Apex Trident and dosing containers in the stand? Thank you!
The 600 would be a bit tight to fit those in my opinion. If you like the style tank and want more room I would step up to the 900 https://www.algaebarn.com/shop/aquariums/cade-pr-900-series-2/ The full right hand side underneath is open on that tank. @AlgaeBarn is super helpful too, you could call and talk to them about what you are looking to achieve and they could give you a recommendation.

bubba92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great journal dude, enjoying the updates and plenty of pictures :) Cade tanks are brilliant. Are you planning to get another goby?

OP
OP
zanthian

zanthian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great journal dude, enjoying the updates and plenty of pictures :) Cade tanks are brilliant. Are you planning to get another goby?
I do want to get another one, but haven't been able to source another quarantined one yet. I have a local fish store I trust though. If they get one in, I will pick one up.

Abunadeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet I can’t wait to get mine‘s Keep us posted can you take more pictures of the whole tank on how it looks now

Its only Money

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice journey thus far. I’m filling mine as I write this, how are you liking that light? I’m really wanting a Kissel this time around. I’m seem to be struggling as far as lights go.

Seachelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm getting the Cade 600 soon, and love this thread. It's great how you included links to all the equipment, because I'm still so confused about what is best to get for this tank! Is the light you bought sufficient for all your corals? Are you planning on doing any SPS in the future? I was leaning towards a Kessil 360, but want to do SPS and I'm not sure it will be enough light.

Do you have anything that you would have done differently with this tank? Thanks for an awesome build thread!

OP
OP
zanthian

zanthian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice journey thus far. I’m filling mine as I write this, how are you liking that light? I’m really wanting a Kissel this time around. I’m seem to be struggling as far as lights go.

Hello, I'm getting the Cade 600 soon, and love this thread. It's great how you included links to all the equipment, because I'm still so confused about what is best to get for this tank! Is the light you bought sufficient for all your corals? Are you planning on doing any SPS in the future? I was leaning towards a Kessil 360, but want to do SPS and I'm not sure it will be enough light.

Do you have anything that you would have done differently with this tank? Thanks for an awesome build thread!

I ended up going with the Radion G5 Pro and the extended arm to support it. See this post in the thread:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/zans-cade-reef-600-s2-build.785052/post-8498738
At the time, the Reefi Uno was delayed due to shipping issues. If I were able to order it at the time, I still would have tried the Reefi Uno. There are threads in the lighting section about it if you are curious. The Radion G5 Pro does a great job though and is easy to setup.

Mayacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated tank video:

The Purple Helix Coralline Algae has really taken off.

Great setup and tank.

Hey, I'm thinking of adding this to my 75 gallon new build. Did you ever get Diatoms, and if so, did this Coralline Algae additive help you combat it? also, by your post as to when you added it and this one, it took almost 4 months for it to show its wear and growth?

Seachelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the cabinet is pretty tight for storage. Is there room for a UV light under there? If you wanted a refugium, does the sump have space for it?

OP
OP
zanthian

zanthian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mayacan
I did get a small diatom outbreak, I used vibrant at the time and that seemed to help. I have had a couple rounds of green hair algae and the Coralline Algae definitely prevents it from growing on the rocks.

OP
OP
zanthian

zanthian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the cabinet is pretty tight for storage. Is there room for a UV light under there? If you wanted a refugium, does the sump have space for it?

The 600 is a little tight on space, but the cabinet is taller which I like. I have heard of other 600 owners fitting a small refugium in or forgoing the protein skimmer altogether and just running a refugium in that space. If you are concerned though the 900 might be a good compromise for space. Not too much bigger but It does have dedicated storage under half of it.

PR2-900-B4.jpg

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back