Zebra eel not eating

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baffels
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Baffels

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2022
Messages
270
Reaction score
269
Location
San Diego, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

So, I have had these two zebra eels for around 3-4 months. Not sure on the ages, I got them from an LFS who got them from a tank breakdown. One is obviously younger, healthy and eats anytime he can. The other is older, larger and seems to be on a hunger strike. The last time he ate was two weeks ago when he had a large shrimp. Since then, he dosent seem to be interested in food and before that it was a couple weeks as well. He hangs out outside of his cave most of the time, just chilling. I've tried numerous types of food with no avail.

I am going through managing an ich outbreak right now, but he was having these eating issues before that as well.

Anything I can do or things I should look out for?
 
ok why do you feed him large shrimp.,, cut the shrimp up into small pieces ...
try oysters next.
 
Ive tried to cut the shrimp up in the past, the both have seemed to prefer them whole. I have tried oysters.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new