zeolith-based systems

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here running zeovit, ultralith, or any other zeolith-based system? I ran the ultralith system on my old 58gal for about 6 months. I was happy with the results until I started getting lazy and then my corals didn't look as good so I stopped using it. Stability is the key and unless you plan on being anal about your tank parameters it's a waste of money to use these products.

I'm thinking about giving it another go and trying Brightwell Aquatics new zeo product on my 90gal.

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am kinda.

After doing some research the 4 basic products/steps were created to achieve low nutrients. Since I believe my system is already low nutrients I took the advice of some people I met at MACNA and only started dosing two products.

1) Pohl's Xtra
2) Sponge Power

I can say with out a doubt I've seen better colors in my SPS. I've also seen increases in sponge growth on the underside of rocks and darker parts of my tank.

However, I'll say if your parameters and maintenance plans aren't already in place I don't think this system would help. It is a piece to a successful tank not a magical answer.

Just my 2 cents.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back