OP
OP
becon776

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally id turn down the skimmer and reduce the lighting intensity and/or time on for the fuge. But that's just me, i dont like seeing 0 nutrients. Others have had success with similar readings with uln tanks so if everything's looking good and growing well you can just keep doing what you're doing. I would however for sure feed corals heavily at those levels.
The skimmer is DC. Have it turned down but still running to facilitate the recirc co2 scrubber.
I'd say the roller mat is the heavy lifter in here. Trigger platinum is no joke.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I struggle believing a tank fed heavily is ever 100% nutrient deficient 24/7. That would suggest that filtration is able to process and removed it immediately.

BlackZebrasoma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, long time reefer here (2001). Latest build is reefer 450 and in this tank I've decided to go heavy on sps.

This has been a LONG road with Marco Rock. (A whole other talk show) when I have always used real fiji. Tank is 3 yrs. Up until Christmas was dealing with a long war with GHA And sanded algae. Doubled down and poof.. tank seems finally stable and mature.
Of course I started with the easy stuff and some have grown into decent colonies (stylos, monti) ready to move to some higher end pieces.
My question is this tank has almost NEVER registered a po4 value. No matter what or how often I feed. Zero on the Hanna. I scrape the algae from the glass daily other wise algae problems gone. I get skimmate, chato grows slowly. The only time I registered reading was when I was dosing PO4 (blasphemy for an old schooler lol). Should I be concerned? Nervous to add higher end frags.
Rsr 450
ReefLED 90 X'S 3
trigger platinum sump with rollermat
Alk ~8 Ca~420 mg 1279 (currently slowly raising) dosing brs 3 part. 30 ml per day alk.
PO4 - 0.00 (HANNA)
N03 -3ppm Nyos
PH - 8.1 night -8.3 day
Neptune Gro over fuge
Will add some tank shots tomorrow. Light are out now
Just buy a cheap salifert phosphate test to control the levels. The Hanna test often shows wrong. my checker showed 0,00 but i sent a total ICP test and it came out 0.15. I recommend you to buy a quick PO4 test or send an ICP test

OP
OP
becon776

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I struggle believing a tank fed heavily is ever 100% nutrient deficient 24/7. That would suggest that filtration is able to process and removed it immediately.
I think I am going to test in am and see if any different I always test just after lights out. After a full day of "sun"

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back