Zoa not opening

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently got some zoas yesterday. All of them opened really well and seem to have acclimated quite well the tank. Although, one Zoa hasn’t open yet. I’m a bit worried about it. I heard that sometimes it can take days for zoas to open. I just wanted to see if there is something I can do for it. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Here is a pic:
2C0832CE-7BFC-4038-B0D4-03DB58A43127.jpeg

Bolen2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they can get stressed from the move and take some time to settle in and calm down. It just looks angry to me. I’ve gotten them before and take 3 or 4 days to finally open up. I would give it another day or two and see what happens.

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they can get stressed from the move and take some time to settle in and calm down. It just looks angry to me. I’ve gotten them before and take 3 or 4 days to finally open up. I would give it another day or two and see what happens.
Ok, I’ll wait and see. It doesn’t look worse from day 1 which is encouraging.

CocoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the first zoa frags I added took almost a week longer to open compared to other zoas i added at the same time. A year later its now one of my fastest growing colonies

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had zoas take as long as a couple months to open. Just leave it alone and give it time. So long as it’s not disintegrating, it’s fine.

frankny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zoas act like this all the time, always some open n some close, that is why hard to see them fully open when we taking a pics on zoas colony. takw time on new zoas, they open evevturally

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back