Zoa / Palythoa ID

GJMAN

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2023
Messages
32
Reaction score
8
Location
Boson
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, new here- hopefully I’m doing this right and my pics will load.

Recently picked up a tile with clover polyps, Xenia, and some Zoas/ palys. I didn’t really think much of the zoas/ palys as I had them years ago in another tank, but I’ve been reading up on palytoxin, and considering that this is a nano and will grow out quickly, I may decide to remove the piece.

If anyone could let me know if these are in fact the super toxic kind, that would be great!

914D94AB-7CEA-4693-A199-2E8362FA81C7.jpeg
 
I can’t help with the question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some assistance
 
I have something closely resembling that which was given to me, he called it a Parratrooper paly but I have no idea if that is a true trade name.
It grows well and is very hardy. I also got them because I was a Parratrooper lol
20230227_112905.jpg
 
Thanks for the replies. I’m now thinking it’s palythoa grandis.

In any case I will be removing them for peace of mind before they make it onto the rocks. I don’t want to have to wear gloves and goggles when I’m messing around in there.
 
Thanks for the replies. I’m now thinking it’s palythoa grandis.

In any case I will be removing them for peace of mind before they make it onto the rocks. I don’t want to have to wear gloves and goggles when I’m messing around in there.
yea definitely some type of paly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new