Zoa's, Paly's and PayPal... Seller BEWARE!

BlueWaterTropicals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copied from paypals website...
Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement
Effective Date: Nov 01, 2010

• Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement
Protection for Buyers. Section 13 (Protection for Buyers) has been amended to reflect changes in PayPal’s protection for buyers. PayPal Buyer Protection covers eligible buyers for eligible items they purchase from sellers on eBay and, now, off the eBay website if they are not received -“Item Not Received†- or are “Significantly Not as Described.â€

The same eligibility requirements apply to buyer’s payments under the expanded PayPal Buyer Protection except that in addition to the existing requirements a buyer can additionally send the payment to the seller by clicking the “Purchase†tab, or by selecting the “Checkout with PayPal†button or otherwise selecting PayPal as part of a Seller’s PayPal checkout flow in order to be eligible.

PayPal Buyer Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following items are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection:

1. Intangible items, including Digital Goods
  2. Services
  3. Real estate, including residential property
  4. Businesses
  5. Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
  6. Custom made items
  7. Travel tickets, including airline flight tickets
  8. Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
  9. Items which you collect in person, or arrange to be collected on your behalf
  10. Items that violate eBay’s Prohibited or Restricted Items Policy
  11. Industrial machinery used in manufacturing
  12. Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards
  13. PayPal Direct Payments
  14. Virtual Terminal Payments
  15. Personal Payments
For items purchased on eBay, if either a PayPal or eBay buyer protection message is included in the eBay listing and a buyer meets the eligibility requirements, then their purchase is covered by PayPal Buyer Protection. If the listing does not include the buyer protection message, then it will not be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection.

Coverage of a buyer’s Claims when PayPal finds in their favor for eligible payments will be the same – PayPal will reimburse the buyer for the full purchase price of the item and original shipping costs – with no cap on coverage.

As a result of these changes, the PayPal Buyer Complaint policy has been superseded by the expansion of PayPal Buyer Protection and therefore has been deleted.

Mobile Telephone Numbers. Section 1 (Our Relationship with You) has been amended to state that if we determine that a telephone number you have provided to us is a mobile telephone number, we may categorize it as such in our systems and in your Profile.

Fees. The international personal payment fee for payments sent to users in Brazil has been changed to 1% when the payment method is exclusively Balance or Bank, and 7.4% plus a fixed fee depending on currency of the payment when another payment method is used to fund the payment. The fixed fee portion of the fee for international payments sent in Brazilian Real has been changed to 0.60 BRL.

(not sure where to post this)

This was brought up in the vender section and thought everybody who sells corals might want to know this.

For all of those named Zoanthus gigantus that people have called "Palys" the last few years might want to start calling them what they are, Zoanthus gigantus. Paypal's new policy for Buyer Protection states “Significantly Not as Described†. A Zoa is not a Paly, thats comparing apples to oranges. I would really hate to start seeing threads about people getting ripped off over something they sold as a Paly and was really a Zoa. Its something that can be easily proven and we all know how PayPal treats the Buyer vs the Seller.

If your photo looks nothing like the real thing, again, “Significantly Not as Describedâ€. Hopefully this will prevent the photoshop'd pics.

On the plus side though, if you have a PayPal business account, this does not effect you. As businesses are excluded.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know I guess, I'd hate to see a wise-guy start buying a bunch of "paly's" knowing he can get refunds as soon as he points this out.

corals2go

Corals2go.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know I guess, I'd hate to see a wise-guy start buying a bunch of "paly's" knowing he can get refunds as soon as he points this out.
It's doesn't mater if it was really paly's the buyer will always win. you can't prove to paypal what you sent.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back