Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok good to know.
Yes same seller sells the pods too.
Was thinking to grow them outside the tank until they grow roots, maybe in a glass of tank water??
I don't know but I really want to get rid of this insufferable algae scrubber which does ok,don't get me wrong just can't deal with the light. It's bright.
Plus one less plug in appliance on my tank is fine with me. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Let me know who you purchase from and if your happy. I'm still trying to figure out a bulb. They are going in a little pico build. Sand and rubble is what I am going with to start.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I went ahead and ordered some mangroves. I think I have enough residual light from the fuge and since my fuge is 20 inches long, I'll plant them on the other side.
Needing a good substrate to secure the roots, definitely a problem I had from my last adventure.
Any help here is appreciated.
Thinking about regular sand, Aragonite, coral rubble, crushed coral
What y'all think?
I'm going to use it in the new build. Just make sure you cover it with rubble like crushed coral.

OP
OP
00W

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know who you purchase from and if your happy. I'm still trying to figure out a bulb. They are going in a little pico build. Sand and rubble is what I am going with to start.
Ok will do for sure.
Been researching for awhile mostly confused but making headway sort of :upside-down-face: I think.
Some using a screw in grow bulb from home depot in a clamp on light.
I'm using a 10w 6500k ebay special right now on fuge.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hope it's nothing major!
Not too major. Just had to close a road for about a half a mile due to a 16" diameter pipe cap blowing off and flooding a neighborhood... :oops:

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kevgib67 I hope you're ok. Please keep us posted.
Thanks, all good, been much worse. Happy there is a plan in place after two years. Going to keep working on my bucket list!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing, what put me in the hospital in December came back. In 2024 I’ve been on a high dose of prednisone more than I haven’t. But the results gave the Doctor a game plan. I’m going to get bimonthly infusions and hopefully sent to my home so I don’t have to go to an infusion center. My wife is a nurse and my daughter is a nurse practitioner. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I bet the young reefers on here are sick to death about hearing about us older reefers health problems, lol ( that’s laugh out loud for you older reefers).
Kev, I had no idea you were dealing with this again. I apologize if I missed it in the vast amount of posts around here.

Please don’t overdo and keep us updated - prayer needs to be beefed up around here.

And yes, what the heck old reefers (includes herself) this group is being held together by PolyLabs glue and Tunze epoxy at this point!

Guess you and I can be the moon face twins - lol

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kev, I had no idea you were dealing with this again. I apologize if I missed it in the vast amount of posts around here.

Please don’t overdo and keep us updated - prayer needs to be beefed up around here.

And yes, what the heck old reefers (includes herself) this group is being held together by PolyLabs glue and Tunze epoxy at this point!

Yes , the moon face is a thing! I told my wife Im getting jowls, she said, no big deal it will go away once your off the prednisone.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I prefer Dollar Tree gel super glue in the small tubes.

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For me we need to add screws and metal brackets in my back...

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So glad they are leaning towards sciatica (not that that’s not f -n-ggg painful) but better than compression!

Ok, taking bets on who has the most ridiculous MRI results on spine- me or Timmy? I say this cause he likes to and usually does win everything- lol
I'm betting you win that one. I have a high pain tolerance but not THAT high.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok where are my math people? Water in my roughly 35 gallon barrel is 1.030 how much fresh will I need to add to get it back down to 1.027?
C1 * V1 = C2 * V2

So C1 * V1 / C2 = V2

So 1.03 * 35 / 1.027 = 35.1 - the original 35 gallons says about a 10th of a gallon which sounds way off so let's do this with PPT since SG gives us wrong numbers.

40*35/36=38.9 - 35 = 4 like Frank said. He's a smart fella in case you were wondering.

Owl GIF by Zack Kantor

Not 3 like the wise old owl, 4 like the wise Frank.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm betting you win that one. I have a high pain tolerance but not THAT high.
Speaking of pain tolerance, the doctor asked me how many ibuprofen I'm taking... I said I take it 3 or 4 times. 3 or 4 times a year! She asked how I deal with pain to which I answered I live with it?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 76.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back