20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Is he from Texas, chili is not chili without beans, at least to us Yankees. Yes celery, it’s included in the Bodacious chili recipe. The best chili I’ve ever had.
F1A495FA-660A-426E-967D-A89CE11B715F.png
885A1C05-4B0A-4A16-BC98-7FCCE66C92BF.png
Wow yeah ours is a lot simpler

6lbs Ground chuck
2lbs hot breakfast sausage (smoked for 1 hour befor added to pot)
2 onions
2 bell peppers
6 green chilles
6 charred jalapeños diced seeds and all
8oz chilli seasoning and spices (family secret)
4 cans crushed tomatoes
2 cans tomato paste
Kidney beans soaked overnight in water and jack Daniels (don’t ask) and it cooks for 4 hours on low and must be refrigerated and from the day before then re heated before serving (believe it or not this changes the entire flavor)
 
I used the Parlaquatics frag holder on Thingiverse (that's Projects with Sam on here). He also sells them on his site but a slightly newer design. He's not currently printing right now - building a Heman Woman Haters Club Shed (IYKYK - that's If You Know You Know, Kevin, keep up please) to move his printers into.
wait...is that the little rascals?
 
pending the snow fall tomorrow maybe I will pickup a RBT. The puffer seems to be leaving the alveopora (flower pot) alone.
Mine is an ECC Nexus Joker (not a burst, green side only).
 
Wow yeah ours is a lot simpler

6lbs Ground chuck
2lbs hot breakfast sausage (smoked for 1 hour befor added to pot)
2 onions
2 bell peppers
6 green chilles
6 charred jalapeños diced seeds and all
8oz chilli seasoning and spices (family secret)
4 cans crushed tomatoes
2 cans tomato paste
Kidney beans soaked overnight in water and jack Daniels (don’t ask) and it cooks for 4 hours on low and must be refrigerated and from the day before then re heated before serving (believe it or not this changes the entire flavor)
you have me thinking of food and my stomach is splitting right now from dinner.
 
pending the snow fall tomorrow maybe I will pickup a RBT. The puffer seems to be leaving the alveopora (flower pot) alone.
My clowns in my sump are hosted by 2 or 3 of them but the clowns in the DT are lame and refuse to be hosted by anything except a pretty rock.
 
Poor @tharbin is trying to keep up but I've probably posted 75 times in the last 10 minutes or less...
 
I used the Parlaquatics frag holder on Thingiverse (that's Projects with Sam on here). He also sells them on his site but a slightly newer design. He's not currently printing right now - building a Heman Woman Haters Club Shed (IYKYK - that's If You Know You Know, Kevin, keep up please) to move his printers into.
Little Rascals Goodbye GIF
 
I think beans are your number one fan. the meat is really the extra right? I think celery just adds texture. one day I'm hoping I will work for Joel. though my problem is trying to have everything done at the same time. and trying to make things out of the food. like snowmen made from tofu. better than seeing just a slab.
You are correct sir, celery doesn’t have much taste but great texture!
 
Mine is an ECC Nexus Joker (not a burst, green side only).
I need baby steps before I dish out money for the extravagant ones. I tried a green when the tank was like a month old because I was told it could be done. nope.
 
Wow yeah ours is a lot simpler

6lbs Ground chuck
2lbs hot breakfast sausage (smoked for 1 hour befor added to pot)
2 onions
2 bell peppers
6 green chilles
6 charred jalapeños diced seeds and all
8oz chilli seasoning and spices (family secret)
4 cans crushed tomatoes
2 cans tomato paste
Kidney beans soaked overnight in water and jack Daniels (don’t ask) and it cooks for 4 hours on low and must be refrigerated and from the day before then re heated before serving (believe it or not this changes the entire flavor)
I love to try different chili, I’ll try yours if I can convince you to spill the beans ( pun intended) on the family secret!
 
I love to try different chili, I’ll try yours if I can convince you to spill the beans ( pun intended) on the family secret!
Lol alright you really wana know youl probably get a good laugh out of it it’s kind of a family joke cause she would always say family secret can’t tell ya but the recipe my grandmother left behind specifically calls for it and has strict instructions not to use anything eles drum roll please……
image.jpg
 
I used the Parlaquatics frag holder on Thingiverse (that's Projects with Sam on here). He also sells them on his site but a slightly newer design. He's not currently printing right now - building a Heman Woman Haters Club Shed (IYKYK - that's If You Know You Know, Kevin, keep up please) to move his printers into.
Poor Darla!
 
Lol alright you really wana know youl probably get a good laugh out of it it’s kind of a family joke cause she would always say family secret can’t tell ya but the recipe my grandmother left behind specifically calls for it and has strict instructions not to use anything eles drum roll please……
image.jpg
That's the way my mom made chili.

My daughter and my wife are of a different caliber. We can't share the recipe because we don't know the recipe. They grab herbs, beans, meat, chili, paprika, etc and toss it in the pot, stir, taste, add something else, taste again maybe some more of this or add some of that, taste again, yep!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new