1 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch Reducer question

  • Thread starter Thread starter LouieH94
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LouieH94

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2024
Messages
50
Reaction score
16
Location
los angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I was working on my plumbing for my new aquarium and damaged my 1” barb adapter for my Maxspect Jump DC pump. The problem is that they don’t make replacement adapters. The only other adapter that is included with the pump is for a 1 1/2 inch barb.

That being said, my plumbing in my aquarium is already set for 3/4 inch. is it practical to go from a 1 1/2 inch barb And reduce it to 3/4? Or will there be complications? I’m a newbie plumber here any help would be great hahaha.

My next plan would be buying a ecotech vectra M2 but that’s a last resort. My Maxspect is new.
 
IMG_1693.jpeg
This is where I’m at a hault until I resolve the issue
 
if your plumbing is already 3/4....whats the issue? I thought the pump came with two fittings anyway....(according to the manual(
 
Perfect! I’m working on placing a 1.5” barb to a reducer to the 3/4” piping. Thank you everyone!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new