OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here use camera to monitor your reed tank.
I just got the Foscam R2 which suppose to have 1080p but after setting up I am so disappointed about the video quality.

I need your help. Which one you using that give good HD quality video?
I will go out of town for a month and need to set it up asap!
f3a01af820f8ae131c85b6363324004b.jpg

Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, what do you keep your parameters at? I know you mentioned before of course but with 26 pages it's hard to read everything lol

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the Foscam R2 which suppose to have 1080p but after setting up I am so disappointed about the video quality.

Well that's a real downer!! Make sure it's getting as much bandwidth as possible as that will cause some problems with quality. Otherwise I don't have any suggestions for you mate, @samparker @chrismelb (I hope I got the right Chris haha)??

brett.sizeland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have the previous version of this reolink camera and find the quality to be really good. I have the netgear arlo cameras and their resolution is crap compared to these. Its also handy to have the pan,tilt, zoom option too. https://reolink.com/product/c2-pro/

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have the Foscam R2 as well but the video quality is much better than yours.
Bandwith is important and be sure to select the HD or FHD, if your wireless connection allows you to send that much bites.

chrismelb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's a real downer!! Make sure it's getting as much bandwidth as possible as that will cause some problems with quality. Otherwise I don't have any suggestions for you mate, @samparker @chrismelb (I hope I got the right Chris haha)??

I have Nest outdoor camera that can supposedly do 1080p, but as Dom mentioned, the resolution often adjusts to available bandwidth. My resolution is not great but I am upgrading to the NBN (40mbs), which should improve things. You may have some settings that you can change to force it into HD mode. I don't use mine to watch the tank, I just rely on it monitor my whole fishroom; to ensure lights are on, ensure there is no empty tanks and that the room isn't on fire, so it works for me :)

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PC Rainbow

kXlqUU2.jpg

This acro come out very nice.

6FOdk7D.jpg

Tsa Princess Peach. The nubs coming out look so...satisfied.lol

TmMHuxV.jpg

Tgc acrolandia. For some reasons it color up so good and polyps extension is good too but it has no grow on it. I think I should give it to a friend see if it will doing better in his tank.
plNPBtv.jpg
You should my friend. ;)

Your corals are very impressive. did you add t5 to radion? Is your setting always AB + original or have you changed something? at what height do you hold the radions lights?

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to see a better full tank shot! :)
That was screenshot from my livestream ip cam.
Also, what do you keep your parameters at? I know you mentioned before of course but with 26 pages it's hard to read everything lol
I have
°Alk between 8-9dkh
°Cal above 400ppm

I just connect it to my wifi. How do I "assign" more bandwidth for the camera? I have around 50mbps
Your corals are very impressive. did you add t5 to radion? Is your setting always AB + original or have you changed something? at what height do you hold the radions lights?
I want to but no, I don't have t5s on this system yet. I have the radion about 15" above water surface.

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wyze cam is the way to go. Only $25 for 1080P.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Where do I start? the tank is nice, The stand is really nice with the shelves etc. The rock work as many mentioned is perfect- Next tank, I WILL focus on Great Scaping.
Then.............. if any sees page 1&2..... anyone with that Serious look on their face is on a Mission. I have many years in this hobby and this is some great planning and work.
When it comes to forums, This is the stuff I appreciate !!!

logic.png

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wyze cam is the way to go. Only $25 for 1080P.

I have 2, awesome.
I bought the wyze together with this foscam to view my sump, but I got a defected unit and couldn't connect it to the app.
Now I have 2 Yi cam, similar to the wyze, $30 each. Quality is pretty good also.

771defb3da475600b492cf1069279569.jpg

I am not a chalice guy but after these pics I just might become one.
What sort of light levels and blues do you keep those amazing chalices under?? Just stunning!
I glad you guys don't ask me name of those because honestly I don't even remember the names. I am not a chalice guy neither. Those are gifts from my friend. They color up very good but not grow much.
I keep them on the bottom glass. The schedule is AB+ same as everything in the tank.

Where do I start? the tank is nice, The stand is really nice with the shelves etc. The rock work as many mentioned is perfect- Next tank, I WILL focus on Great Scaping.
Then.............. if any sees page 1&2..... anyone with that Serious look on their face is on a Mission. I have many years in this hobby and this is some great planning and work.
When it comes to forums, This is the stuff I appreciate !!!

logic.png

Thank you.

What kind of wrasses are those?

The wrasse in last picture was Lubbock wrasse.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back