OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them and dont really share that opinion. Regarding coral growth i cant say much. But the shimmer they provide makes them worth it in my eyes :)
If for the shimmer look, maybe you right, but I never notice any irritate those light bring to my eyes. Another benefit of those diffuser is prevent kids not looking direct into the lights.
If for the look, I LOVE Metal Halide! Those light make the tank look crisp with LED can't never have.

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had similar discussions about those two, and the rrc pretty in pink as well. They are very similar, especially when they still a small frag. But when they become colonies, I start notice the differences.
My conclusion is they are indeed look similar but definitely different corals.

Here are those 2 colonies for you to compare.
The lady in pink has some green on the body, the pink is very similar with cherrybomb.
7P50qW7.jpg

EmdjFRF.jpg

The pretty in pink is brightest of all three.
xWfL4m3.jpg

I’m trying to figure out if the acros in picture 2 are the same acros as in picture 3?

Or is it cherry bomb in picture 2 and pretty in pink in picture 3?

In either case, what are the yellow/orange acros?

Amazing pictures and corals Mr V!

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to figure out if the acros in picture 2 are the same acros as in picture 3?

Or is it cherry bomb in picture 2 and pretty in pink in picture 3?

In either case, what are the yellow/orange acros?

Amazing pictures and corals Mr V!
Pic2 is cherry bomb and pic3 is pretty in pink. If you watch closely they have different color of pink. The pretty in pink is very bright pink when the cherry bomb also redish/orangeish pink.
The yellow tenuis is Walt Disney.

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I prefer pretty in pink, it’s a hard decision haha
It become an easy decision when you see them in person: Pretty in Pink all the way! The pink is just so bright you can see from across the room.
The down side is it one tough coral to color up. I have it for a bout a year before it start doing something.
lRMWCmF.jpg

In the spirit of holiday season...Mr V 212 Mille. The polyps are crazy you can't even see the coraline.
S0nQGj4.jpg

another unnamed mili
Ovtv44u.jpg

Another crazy one. Just a frag now but very potential I would say.
g7wy36L.jpg

Walt Disney lost the pink tips but still, very nice.
qLVjVDE.jpg

Another unnamed, it was green forever but I notice blue polyps coming out recently.
7T2a6KW.jpg

unnamed...
2znqxyp.jpg

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
where are you getting all these unnamed from with indo shut down?

That all red milli is really nice, same with the other two pieces!

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where are you getting all these unnamed from with indo shut down?

That all red milli is really nice, same with the other two pieces!

The unnameds are mostly "Bind-buy" frags that I got from stores, hobbyist, frag swaps, shows,...Most of them are brown, green, ugly when I got them, and most stay that way...forever.

mannyhernz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unnameds are mostly "Bind-buy" frags that I got from stores, hobbyist, frag swaps, shows,...Most of them are brown, green, ugly when I got them, and most stay that way...forever.

I do the same, I think it’s like purchasing a mystery frag, I tend to acclimate it to my light then place it on a real high point in my tank called the “do or die” spot. Either it colors up, or it will perish from the excessive amounts of light. Most tend to push color out[emoji2957][emoji16]

kazikage42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It become an easy decision when you see them in person: Pretty in Pink all the way! The pink is just so bright you can see from across the room.
The down side is it one tough coral to color up. I have it for a bout a year before it start doing something.
lRMWCmF.jpg

In the spirit of holiday season...Mr V 212 Mille. The polyps are crazy you can't even see the coraline.
S0nQGj4.jpg

another unnamed mili
Ovtv44u.jpg

Another crazy one. Just a frag now but very potential I would say.
g7wy36L.jpg

Walt Disney lost the pink tips but still, very nice.
qLVjVDE.jpg

Another unnamed, it was green forever but I notice blue polyps coming out recently.
7T2a6KW.jpg

unnamed...
2znqxyp.jpg
I think that unnamed coral is a Shawn Bennet Yellow/green tort. I have one just like it with the blue polyps on new growth tips. Correct me if I'm wrong. At that's the name I was told when i bought it

Slicktop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. V you are a inspiration to us all. Incredible pics and corals. Did i miss this in your thread, what are you feeding the corals ? The PE is awesome !

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. V you are a inspiration to us all. Incredible pics and corals. Did i miss this in your thread, what are you feeding the corals ? The PE is awesome !
Thank you. I always use reefroid to feed the corals. Right now I feed them every other couple days. Just turn the return off and pour the reefroid mixed with water into the tank.

Nht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr V I just set up some Radions and want to replicate your colors. Can you post your Radion schedule and settings?

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr V I just set up some Radions and want to replicate your colors. Can you post your Radion schedule and settings?
I posted it somewhere in this thread. If it helps, I can email the schedule template for you. Shoot me an email to [email protected]
Thanks.

aruns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mr V What an absolutely beautiful system you have. Not only do you know how to grow coral but you also know how to showcase them with your incredible pictures. Kudos!
I am in the process of setting up my first SW system and have visited the first 2 pages on this thread many many times looking for aquascape inspiration :)

One humble request - would you be able to post a video of your system including looking into it from either end. I have a fairly good idea of your aquascape from your FTS, but a video would show the depth a bit better.

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mr V What an absolutely beautiful system you have. Not only do you know how to grow coral but you also know how to showcase them with your incredible pictures. Kudos!
I am in the process of setting up my first SW system and have visited the first 2 pages on this thread many many times looking for aquascape inspiration :)

One humble request - would you be able to post a video of your system including looking into it from either end. I have a fairly good idea of your aquascape from your FTS, but a video would show the depth a bit better.
Thank you.
As you notice in this thread, I am not posting video since I still haven't figure out how to video the tank yet.
I tried but can't get a clear, crisp video.
Here is a quick phone footage (click on the link to view)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back