100 gallons Acros Tank

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a great tank! Quick question; is that the MDF stand that SCA includes with this tank? If so how do you like it as I am considering getting this tank/stand combo as well.

Any chance you could show an FTS with stand?

Thnx!

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank, video looks great, that copperband looks nice in there, is he eating good for you?

Yes, I got lucky with the guy. He eats everything from frozen, pellet to aiptasia. He and the filefish are the reason no aiptasia in this display tank when I still seeing them in the overflowbox and sump.

Video looks rubbish...
[emoji26] no more video for you sir. Lol

Such a great tank! Quick question; is that the MDF stand that SCA includes with this tank? If so how do you like it as I am considering getting this tank/stand combo as well.

Any chance you could show an FTS with stand?

Thnx!

Nope, the stand was custom made by the previous owner. He wanted this tank higher than normal so we can view it standing. I can't tell if I like it or not, it great I can view it at eyes sight, but bad because I prefer view my acros top down.
The tank itself is great (value for the money). The only downside is huge middle overflow box. I wish they just drilled holes for us to install external overflow.
You can find fts with stand on the first posts.

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, the stand was custom made by the previous owner. He wanted this tank higher than normal so we can view it standing. I can't tell if I like it or not, it great I can view it at eyes sight, but bad because I prefer view my acros top down.
The tank itself is great (value for the money). The only downside is huge middle overflow box. I wish they just drilled holes for us to install external overflow.
You can find fts with stand on the first posts.

Thanks, appreciate the info! Agree that overflow box is a bit big but you've done an awesome job with this tank regardless.

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small crash happened last month. Most of the corals suddenly turn back and lost pe, stn. I am not really sure what cause it but it stopped after a lot of water change and new carbon. Only one casualty: original rrc jd! So this is the second time I lost this gem. :(
Everything fully recovered and look awesome today. Most of them start branching.
Hope you enjoy the pics. (The one that I don't write names are no name, unnamed)
Nikon D500 with Tamron 90mm micro lens. Daylight.
Bkchem Wetdream
OUplFOU.jpg

Rra Wolverine
CtjUimc.jpg

xyoADGK.jpg

l1N2z0F.jpg

USZqqGq.jpg

bZeyBny.jpg

Stay tuned, more coming...;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basic Rru Pink Floyd
Mxcf0rn.jpg

Rru Red Bull, This is the best red acro in my display. Just pure red.
qZxPbNt.jpg

eUqFQml.jpg

The owner named this one Homewrecker Jr
d364Kt3.jpg

Mr V's Purple Monster. The only frag left. I lost the colony when I broke down the 45 gallons.
yGp8iRV.jpg

deELaj3.jpg

Rrc Wonderland. Not as crazy as how they post on their Facebook page. But this one still young, let's wait.
hngUbvp.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry about the issues but they sure did rebound!!

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CB Golden Jaw Dropper. This acro is very nice but kinda hard to take pic of it. The color is hard to capture by camera. Especially under blue.
k1VYJZC.jpg

6WYw9r1.jpg

As this one grow I start thinking it's is the same acro as tgc acrolandia. Regardless, very nice tenuis.
PZMXqM2.jpg

RRU Carolina Reaper.
F4opouB.jpg

Diabolic Pacman
S0TorKv.jpg

Uc Jaw Dropper Jr.
yR52DYM.jpg

Follow my Instagram #mrvcorals . I post the finest pictures there. ;)

Last edited:

Nht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your secret sauce for the insane colors you’re getting? Is it the lighting or something you’re dosing? Do you do regular water changes and if so what salt? Please share your husbandry as I’m sure everyone here is wondering how your colors are out of this world and just flawless..don’t spare any details please

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your secret sauce for the insane colors you’re getting? Is it the lighting or something you’re dosing? Do you do regular water changes and if so what salt? Please share your husbandry as I’m sure everyone here is wondering how your colors are out of this world and just flawless..don’t spare any details please
Haha, there's no "secret sauce" here. Just patient, let's time does it jobs.
If you follow this thread, you would notice acros are not always colorful. And there're not all color up the same. Maybe I just good at hiding all the ugly stuffs. For a couple of colorful frags/colonies I have a couple of frags/colonies that are not color up so good or dead too.

a34eabc7f26f4030264833ee6b3a4c48.jpg

I use ESV salt on this system and the redsea salt for my grow out systems. Water change is 15% per week.
I only monitor the "big 2": alk (8~9dkh) and cal (above 400ppm). Beside that, I have no idea the numbers of no3,po4,par,mg,...
I keep my hand out of the water as much as possible. Some time I went months without touching the water (yes, even with water change!). I even have 3 tunze magnet cleaners on 3 sides of the glasses so I don't have to get my hand into the water.
I don't use gfo or bio pellet, just a bag of carbon hanging in my sump.
I feed a lot. I feed the fishes multiple time during the day with mysis, brine shrimps and pellet. At night before dumbing the rest of fishes's portion into the tank, I mix some reefroid into it. I don't believe corals directly eat reefroid, but they surely have benefits from it.
Here is my sump, very simple.

dc125743d8641f6efceb7e3f65d47308.jpg

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more shots. Still with daylight scheme, Nikon D500 and Tamron 90mm micro lens.
Wwc what the heck. The frag look pretty bad without polyps extension. Hopefully it gonna survive, since I lost the colony, this is the only frag left.
Mqzt5VV.jpg

zmFjVDJ.jpg

Arc Fireworks
R6DoBRh.jpg

Rru Applejack. I really like this one. Multiple polyps colors.
LIe5Wyb.jpg

Closer shot
OdlNzb4.jpg

8C24C7d.jpg

This one called BB Jd. It was kind of dull, ugly until one day...boom...awesomeness!
j4HgICq.jpg

lmeLiZ1.jpg

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PC Rainbow

kXlqUU2.jpg

This acro come out very nice.

6FOdk7D.jpg

Tsa Princess Peach. The nubs coming out look so...satisfied.lol

TmMHuxV.jpg

Tgc acrolandia. For some reasons it color up so good and polyps extension is good too but it has no grow on it. I think I should give it to a friend see if it will doing better in his tank.
plNPBtv.jpg
One day I'll get that JD
You should my friend. ;)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back