Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this is such a great reef!
Thanks! I'm glad to share.

The calcium reactor seems to work again, two broken impellers later!
I put the intake to the calcium reactor close to the surface in the sump before I left work just in case something will leak during the night.. :D

/ David

Boops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures :)

Snapseed.jpeg

In this part of the tank it's hard to see the rocks under the corals :D

IMG_4666.JPG

The same part from the top.

IMG_4689.JPG

Evening in the tank.

/ David
I didn't know about this fantastic tank in my old hometown. If course I have been in the maritime museum as a kid but that is years ago. By the way, what kind of fairy wrasses is there on the last picture? Best regards from Berlin.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know about this fantastic tank in my old hometown. If course I have been in the maritime museum as a kid but that is years ago. By the way, what kind of fairy wrasses is there on the last picture? Best regards from Berlin.

There is not only this coral tank nowadays - in total there is 6 larger mature tanks and a large one in the construction and for testing purposes. The aquaria are closing down this fall and a large renovation will be done. The result will be a total new aquaria department with a 400 000 litres coral tank as a show stopper. As you know – you are from Gothenburg – we are not very shy in this town – the goal is the best coral aquaria of the world :) . You have to visit your hometown before august 2018.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks! As Lasse said we're closing this fall, last day opened is 16th of September. But we may be opened longer, it depends on the process and the politicians.

The wrasse are Cirrhilabrus lubbocki, we have 3 females and 3 males in this tank. Can try to post a fish list later today :)

/ David

Last edited:

Boops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! As Lasse said we're closing this fall, last day opened is 16th of September. But we may be opened longed, it depends on the process and the politicians.

The wrasse are Cirrhilabrus lubbocki, we have 3 females and 3 males in this tank. Can try to post a fish list later today :)

/ David
Thanks again. I am big wrasse fan. I love the wrasses along our West coast as well :)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again. I am big wrasse fan. I love the wrasses along our West coast as well :)
We have some of those as well, in a cold water tank. Think we have all three, grässnultra, skärsnultra och stensnultra(Swedish fish namnes for those of you who were confused now). :)

/ David

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Reef2Reef for sharing this tread on Instagram today! Was a bit of a shock to see myself in a diving mask on Instagram :D

If anyone is interested in more pictures from our work at The Maritime Museum & Aquarium, have a look at GbgReeftank on Instagram.

/ David

Last edited:

MAREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clownfish pair prefer to hang out in and around the large Sacrophyton.

Have a great weekend everyone!

How big is this?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This reef is crazy! Awesome!!

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reef is crazy! Awesome!!
Nice frag! lol ;)

Thanks! :)

I'm really happy with some things, not so happy with other things.
Very happy with the water, looks like all the corals are doing well. Even some new frags of Acropora humilis and A. spathulata.

Im not so happy with the scape in the lower part. But on the other hand, it's kind of natural that corals breaks and falls down or corals growing over other corals.

/ David

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
But on the other hand, it's kind of natural that corals breaks and falls down or corals growing over other corals.
I was actually thinking about how natural it looks! Beautiful!

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to the people at Reef2reef for promoting this tread on Instagram! :)

/ David

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, what a dream job, you are a lucky man. Have you ever had a discussion with Joe Yaiullo, the curator of the Long Island Aquarium in New York, US? If not I recommend doing so. I'm sure you guys would enjoy discussing your large systems (and your soon to be larger system) and learning from each other.

On another note, let's see that fish list!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%

Back