105g Reef

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh you have a Borealis, awesome. The Rainbow Monti is stunning.

Reefhunter007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past few weeks our copperband was in steady decline, slowly getting thinner and pacing the back glass of the tank periodically throughout the day. We tried every frozen food (so we thought) possible to get him to eat and nothing worked. The kitchen has felt more so like a science lab than normal, hatching brine to entice him to eat .. and we finally sourced blackworms, both of which he ignored. I was browsing a reefing magazine and came across an article specific to copperbands and ended up making a temporary feeding tube that we fill with cyclops. The plan is to go and get smaller pvc and something to weigh it down (open to suggestions) instead of having to shove it between rocks. In the week that we've had this in the tank our cbb has significantly improved and fattened up.

DSC_0001_zpsi7jqlsop.jpg
That's good info thanks good luck with everything

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics, tank looks great, and I like the scape change.
I'm always wishing I had better glass too, for all my years doing photography my favorite thing to shoot is definitely the hardest!

OP
OP
L.A.

L.A.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics, tank looks great, and I like the scape change.
I'm always wishing I had better glass too, for all my years doing photography my favorite thing to shoot is definitely the hardest!

Thank you! And it's crazy how difficult it is to get everything just right to take a halfway decent shot. I regret getting the nikon body that I did because they're so cheap and no matter what, the different lenses cost an arm and a leg. So now i'm trying to find ones that are compatible with my Nikon and other models I would want as well. What are you shooting with?

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just using a canon rebel right now.
Back when I was really into photography many years ago I got my first hassleblad, and talk about sticker shock on lenses!
I traded my camera gear years ago for tools when digital first hit, saw writting on the wall...oh well.

OP
OP
L.A.

L.A.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to take a progression shot of a chalice, the angel crept up and I thought it was a neat pic

DSC_0016_zpsiydvyuiy.jpg

OP
OP
L.A.

L.A.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New red bta, day one
DSC_0024_zpsbrid2cge.jpg

day two
DSC_0009_zpsapucjipt.jpg

I detached the mushrooms from the rock because they're obnoxious and I wanted to get the clown to host the anemone and she took to it immediately. Shes extremely rude now, though. The male clown was exiled to the other side of the tank and they haven't swam together in months. I'm going to move the mushrooms to the other side of the tank and slowly move them back over to their original spot in hopes that he'll follow.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics and nice BTA.
It is common for the female to do that, claiming her territory.
As long as she is not attacking the male it should come back to normal, she will want to spawn I'm sure, then he should be allowed, hopefully.

OP
OP
L.A.

L.A.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics and nice BTA.
It is common for the female to do that, claiming her territory.
As long as she is not attacking the male it should come back to normal, she will want to spawn I'm sure, then he should be allowed, hopefully.

Yeah I was expecting her to do everything she's doing now as far as being super territorial and whatnot. I'm glad she didn't follow the mushrooms. I'm getting concerned that they'll never swim together, though. Originally when they were put into the tank, they swam together and stuck around eachother for the most part. They separated when they started hosting two different thing, the female started hosting the hairy mushrooms and the male started hosting a LTA, which were (of course) on opposite sides of the tank. After the lta died (wasn't doing well in the store either) the male kind of just stayed on that side of the tank and interactions were minimal. This was all about maybe 4-6 months ago, give or take. Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago and the male finally started showing interest in going to the females side of the tank and she started chasing him. There's a clear difference in their sizes so I don't think I have an issue with two females and the male just started doing what i'm going to call the normal "seizure shakes of submission" when the female chases him. Now that the new bta is in the tank he seems to be trying to get closer to her and the anemone. Although shes more aggressive right now, she seems to let him get pretty close without freaking out if the bta is retracted. So there's definitely hope!

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last pair of clowns I had went through basically the same thing, then worked it out and immediately started spawning.
I had them 5.5 years until last 4th of july and they were insepperable most of that time, other than that few month period of deciding on host/home.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 45 42.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 54 50.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.6%
Back