111g Diamond Cube

Korrupt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s a very deep rabbit hole my friend. I spent hours planning this out. I have a 25 gal lagoon aio that almost got de-aio’d and turned into like a mantis macro algae display refugium. The two ways I was thinking was either adding a second small return pump to feed it and then have the overflow just go into the skimmer chamber. Was going to see if I could run it low and slow and if my main pump went offline see if I could have Hydros kick up the speed a little just in case. Have had a check valve fail on me so could be more peace of mind. Lazy was to just manifold it off the return.

Last edited:
OP
OP
InsaneClownFish

InsaneClownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s a very deep rabbit hole my friend. I spent hours planning this out. I have a 25 gal lagoon aio that almost got de-aio’d and turned into like a mantis macro algae display refugium. The two ways I was thinking was either adding a second small return pump to feed it and then have the overflow just go into the skimmer chamber. Was going to see if I could run it low and slow and if my main pump went offline see if I could have Hydros kick up the speed a little just in case. Have had a check valve fail on me so could be more peace of mind. Lazy was to just manifold it off the return.
I’m probably going to manifold it off the return

OP
OP
InsaneClownFish

InsaneClownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The steel stand and decks will be here this week. I’m working on a stand for the show fuge using some scrap wood. I also added a small nanostream to my stock tank that I’ll use in the new tank. I had to start supplemental feeding of the fighting conch and other inverts in the stock tank with nori sheets. They did such a good job of cleaning they stripped the rocks white.
IMG_8511.jpeg
IMG_8512.jpeg

OP
OP
InsaneClownFish

InsaneClownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been quietly working on this in my free time. After some minor aggravation with both the shipping company and CDA over the stand delivery, I’m back on track.

The synopsis of what happened is that the stand was delivered to the wrong location with no signature required.

Then the top deck was missing the cutout for the overflow which they had already confirmed would be done prior to shipping.

They then gave me the wrong cutout pattern, so I ended up with a larger than necessary hole.

It’s all fine. Their tank builder stated it would be fine, but as you can imagine I was a bit salty when it happened since I had spent extra $$$ to have it shipped early and separate from the tank.

Minor scuffs and the edge of the top deck delaminating already aside, the positive part is it looks super clean and slick.

I will also say that CDA took the time to call me to make sure the stand height would be aesthetically pleasing for my build.

IMG_8850.jpeg
IMG_8851.jpeg
IMG_8854.jpeg
IMG_8857.jpeg

OP
OP
InsaneClownFish

InsaneClownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leveling the stand wasn’t too bad. I cut up one of my wife’s old yoga mats for under the show fuge. :grinning-face-with-sweat:
The only issue I had was getting the fuge to the right height for the drains to have the proper pitch. You’ll see in subsequent photos and videos the little platforms I had to make.

Attachments

• IMG_9043.jpeg
    IMG_9043.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9041.jpeg
    IMG_9041.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9039.jpeg
    IMG_9039.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9034.jpeg
    IMG_9034.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9032.jpeg
    IMG_9032.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9031.jpeg
    IMG_9031.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9030.jpeg
    IMG_9030.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9029.jpeg
    IMG_9029.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9028.jpeg
    IMG_9028.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9027.jpeg
    IMG_9027.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 37

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang .. This would have been me .. BRS is closed for inventory so waiting for my :grimacing-face: fittings to come in

OP
OP
InsaneClownFish

InsaneClownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang .. This would have been me .. BRS is closed for inventory so waiting for my :grimacing-face: fittings to come in
Funny thing is I ordered new lines and fittings from BRS last night and ran into the same thing. The bulkheads I ordered from salt water aquarium as they were nearly half. I’m switching to all soft plumbing. In all my years of aquarium keeping I’ve prob has zero leaks from my soft plumbing. And countless leaks from my hard plumbing.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%

Back