It's just a tank

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You already have a huge tank setup and running. I sure can't offer any advice here. Just get a pretty system that will make the quarentene look pretty. Very possible with corals and inverts!
Thanks, I think we can all learn something from one another. Saw someone ask POTO is they had fishless systems, never saw an answer. Still have my original 125 tank my wife and I are going to convert. Just gotta replumb it. Luckily I have extra rock in the big tank sump that's been in since I started the cycle.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Saw someone ask POTO is they had fishless systems, never saw an answer.
I was actually looking for this answer. I know they sell fish. But it doesn't say if they are kept with coral or a fowlr.

A side note, My bta is showing off her foot!
It looks weird, should I ask if she is sick? Like, speckled foot disease or something...

20210830_164119.jpg

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the nem staying put? Parameters within norms? Any recent changes or messing with any equipment? Still eating? Those would be the main things I look for. Is values are changing a lot, water quality issues, or fish picking on it then I'd be concerned. If more sensitive corals look happy, and the nem has been staying put I wouldnt be as worried.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ate yesterday, no change in parameters.
78-79f
1.026 sg
8.5 alk
460_480 calc -
0 amonia -
05 nitrates
.05 phosphates this is the only drop I had from .1
PH 8.15
Magnesium 1480.
30% WC monthly. Anemone has not moved. Slight adjustments. Nothing more then a quarter inch. Yes, I'm paranoid.
Did I forget any test?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P.O.T.O live sale scores! I am very excited on the hammer. The torch, I expect will be DOA the zoas.. Mah, they are zoas.
Now that teal candy cane was very interesting. A close look and you see orange markings. I have never seen that in the green versions before. But. I haven't seen all candy canes either.
Loving that purple/green torch.very lovely.ive only got one torch so far but want a torch garden all different colours but the price of some off them are insane lol

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Loving that purple/green torch.very lovely.ive only got one torch so far but want a torch garden all different colours but the price of some off them are insane lol
Yup. I just don't enjoy the shipping trauma. It's terrible. They don't ship well. My lfs won't order them.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P.O.T.O live sale scores! I am very excited on the hammer. The torch, I expect will be DOA the zoas.. Mah, they are zoas.
Now that teal candy cane was very interesting. A close look and you see orange markings. I have never seen that in the green versions before. But. I haven't seen all candy canes either.
Grats! Good grabs there.

When are you getting yours delivered?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw ok gotcha.
And just when i thought i could tell difference between acan-blasto-trachy's and lobo's they all look so similar ha ha and yeah ot looks beautiful for sure.
Ive got descriptions on screenshot of differences between all them 4 above but i always get mixed up

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ate yesterday, no change in parameters.
78-79f
1.026 sg
8.5 alk
460_480 calc -
0 amonia -
05 nitrates
.05 phosphates this is the only drop I had from .1
PH 8.15
Magnesium 1480.
30% WC monthly. Anemone has not moved. Slight adjustments. Nothing more then a quarter inch. Yes, I'm paranoid.
Did I forget any test?
Params look good to me. As long as the nem isnt wandering they are usually ok. I would just double check magnets and such to make sure there's no metal or anything leaching (I had that happen once with a metal spring in a antisiphon check valve, learned to not use those ever again, plastic or nothing). Probably feed a little more heavily as well? Is the nem still eating?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.1%
Back