OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No experience with the Blue Ribbon so I can't say for sure. My experience was based on the fact that they are heavy eaters and as such waste is PLENTY. Water changes were frequent and nitrate was up there non the less. I regretted the purchase and it had much to do with the demise of my corals. I would add an eel to a fish only setup in a heart beat. Not a reef tank. Just my .02
I had 2 ribbons in my life. Not shrimp safe. Typical rule, fits in the mouth it is food. Yes, they produce a TON of waste. ;Sour

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Ferdi Ansyah

from facebook, looks to be a collector in bali indonesia.
pictures from his page.

Collected in bali indonesia. Question is, which vendor is going to likely get them and sell these?
Collected october 8th I believe, you wouldn't believe the torches he has also.
bali nems.jpg
He posted video 6 hours ago.
torches.jpg

Yup, gold torches sure are rare!

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ferdi Ansyah

from facebook, looks to be a collector in bali indonesia.
pictures from his page.

Collected in bali indonesia. Question is, which vendor is going to likely get them and sell these?
Collected october 8th I believe, you wouldn't believe the torches he has also.
bali nems.jpg
He posted video 6 hours ago.
torches.jpg

Yup, gold torches sure are rare!
200.gif

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My own pictures, because practice makes perfect. So, I was goofing off some. Yuk...
Reflection really messed me up. Scopa was posing for the camera!
feesh.jpg
fish.jpg
Trying to measure things and hold items while pressing "take picture" button is not easy! Camera on tripod, I can't see anything standing on a ladder. 9 cms or roughly over 3.5 inches. These are large headed octospawns.
spawn.jpg
larger than the heads of the octospawn. No signs of splitting. Also, has green striped mouth. Hardly get to see it.
highlight.jpg
look to the left, a skirtless magician.
yuma.jpg
shroom.jpg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi sorry mibu but thought I'd ask here.i just bought what sold to me as a green slimer amd it seems like 2 worms living in it.all I see is 2 tentacles coming out body of the sps where polyps would of once been so ever seen or heard anything like this and will it do any harm or one them things where worm doesn't hurt the coral but just lives in it maybe ? Or anyone else reading this if I may as got coral dipped and now unsure eat to do with it.i got no coral qt tank .I have a qt tank for fish running which had no meds ever but light garbage like worst ever and flow rubbish so you know.
2 rubbish photos whilst waiting video to load up

20211106_160009.jpg 20211106_160012.jpg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think maybe one these but tentacles only small as got zoom in but it's actually inside the sps as when touch it retracts inside it.it reminds me of a spinod worm or however you spell it .the banded bits are dark.
First I thought aw cool I got baby bristle star but nope 3 worms of some description but need make decision of ......
1.bin frag
2.try cut off the branches where worm is coming out and try save rest if frag.
3.put In dt and hope for best.
4.put in fish qt but light rubbish just like 5 led thing for fish only cheapo tank so it will die in there and flow from old internal filter 3 only
5.sometning else lol
The frag only about 2 inch high and 5- 7 little nubs growing in different directions so unsure if cut off 2 of these nubs of coral will heal/ die off them nubs but rest be ok or if even manage cut worm out at all idk lol

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think maybe one these but tentacles only small as got zoom in but it's actually inside the sps as when touch it retracts inside it.it reminds me of a spinod worm or however you spell it .the banded bits are dark.
First I thought aw cool I got baby bristle star but nope 3 worms of some description but need make decision of ......
1.bin frag
2.try cut off the branches where worm is coming out and try save rest if frag.
3.put In dt and hope for best.
4.put in fish qt but light rubbish just like 5 led thing for fish only cheapo tank so it will die in there and flow from old internal filter 3 only
5.sometning else lol
The frag only about 2 inch high and 5- 7 little nubs growing in different directions so unsure if cut off 2 of these nubs of coral will heal/ die off them nubs but rest be ok or if even manage cut worm out at all idk lol
Ah no clue then. Sorry to hear that though. Hope you can get rid of them. :/

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah no clue then. Sorry to hear that though. Hope you can get rid of them. :/
No worries will sort out one say or another or have troubles the whole life I have this tank set up as I put in dt now lol as was started dipping it over an hour ago so needed to make a decision what to do.as couldn't just let sit there in my tank water indefinitely. I'm hoping my wrasse or cbb see tentacles sticking out and slirp it out the coral ( wishful thinking ^_^)
I did see tamberav say in thread above I shared they cut off the bit where worm is so will tag her in thread I started with a video to get some advice .but thanks for interest James,much appreciated

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No worries will sort out one say or another or have troubles the whole life I have this tank set up as I put in dt now lol as was started dipping it over an hour ago so needed to make a decision what to do.as couldn't just let sit there in my tank water indefinitely. I'm hoping my wrasse or cbb see tentacles sticking out and slirp it out the coral ( wishful thinking ^_^)
I did see tamberav say in thread above I shared they cut off the bit where worm is so will tag her in thread I started with a video to get some advice .but thanks for interest James,much appreciated
Spoinid worm? Spinoid worm? I have to check the spelling of the name. They are a burrowing worm and usually don't kill coral, but can. Frag them off.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi sorry mibu but thought I'd ask here.i just bought what sold to me as a green slimer amd it seems like 2 worms living in it.all I see is 2 tentacles coming out body of the sps where polyps would of once been so ever seen or heard anything like this and will it do any harm or one them things where worm doesn't hurt the coral but just lives in it maybe ? Or anyone else reading this if I may as got coral dipped and now unsure eat to do with it.i got no coral qt tank .I have a qt tank for fish running which had no meds ever but light garbage like worst ever and flow rubbish so you know.
2 rubbish photos whilst waiting video to load up

20211106_160009.jpg 20211106_160012.jpg

Google barnacles on sps, the two "feelers" would be the clue for me but could be wrong.

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoinid worm? Spinoid worm? I have to check the spelling of the name. They are a burrowing worm and usually don't kill coral, but can. Frag them off.
I agree with spinoid worms. Have some on one of my torches and they’ve never seemed to bother it. No known natural predators. Limited feeding and nutrients will slow down their spread and keep them at bay.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New stuff today! and one un-identified.
No idea, fluorescent orange polyps. I'll get better pics later. I'm tired.
monti.jpg
For the new. Had to get these unknown zoas. Better pics tomorrow.
new.jpg
Large pavona!!! I got greedy.
pavaona.jpg new02.jpg
Ummm I like share that pavona. Maybe put it on my list as now time for me to start buying corals. Bought 5 today plus some snails ,more epoxy and some carbon.
2x zoa frags like 20 heads and another 35 heads only £ 20 and £ 26 so do for my zoa garden.i wanted some yellow zoas so both these zoas was yellow under lfs blue leds but green under my t5's lol.even when just blue t5 still green lol.
And ovbiously the green slimer with the worms or barnacles inside it.
And a style frag and a purple tentacle torch with pinkish tips which looks cool.
It's amazing how different light changes the colour of these corals we keep ^_^

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry only just seen this but you replied in thread I started anyhow.thought about cutting the nubs/ branches off with these worms or barnacles in whatever they are idk but if did cut off I think there 4 of them so would have to cut 8 branches off leaving 1cm of main stem and only one small .5 cm nub left so would basically be no coral left

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ummm I like share that pavona. Maybe put it on my list as now time for me to start buying corals. Bought 5 today plus some snails ,more epoxy and some carbon.
2x zoa frags like 20 heads and another 35 heads only £ 20 and £ 26 so do for my zoa garden.i wanted some yellow zoas so both these zoas was yellow under lfs blue leds but green under my t5's lol.even when just blue t5 still green lol.
And ovbiously the green slimer with the worms or barnacles inside it.
And a style frag and a purple tentacle torch with pinkish tips which looks cool.
It's amazing how different light changes the colour of these corals we keep ^_^
I don't see many yellow/gold zoas for sale. Most of the ones I run into are green/red. Might be worth a buy on the zoas.
It's sad the slimer was infect, maybe dab super glue over them?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see many yellow/gold zoas for sale. Most of the ones I run into are green/red. Might be worth a buy on the zoas.
Yeah vette guy mentioned that but in thread I shared in that thread I made,the op said they tried gluing them in but they just bored another hole out and tamberav was in that thread so tagged her in my thread and she said same about glue them in and they just bore another hole out it looks like they went in and made a hole where a polyp should be but I just looked in tank with lights are off now and a hermit was on the green slimer and picking at it so the white on the ends of branches I I itially thought was growth tips maybe dead tissue and that's why hermit eating it.but could made tips worse in the bag in car coning hone or fact I dipped twice in nt labs coral dip and 2nd dip I double dosed hoping would kill worms but I think as inside coral,the coral is protecting the worm from the dip maybe.so will just keep eye on it I guess.was only a £ 10 frag so not much money value

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here the zoas I bought .the green radio active they sold me them as on the rockwork next to the nuclear green palys I already had and then the zoa rock on sandbed that gkt some green zoa with some pink/ peach zoa next to them but these 2 green ones under lfs blue leds I swear looked yellow lol
Here they are under 2x marine blue t5 and 2 sunlight t5 and then more bluer with just the 2 marine blue but still both zoa are green.but next on my list is change these 2 white t5's bulbs out and get 1x actinic blue and one coral plus or even 1x purple I not decided yet but I like the more bluer look and the fluorescent colours in corals rather than natural sunlight look as think look drab

20211106_174901.jpg 20211106_174858.jpg 20211106_165922.jpg 20211106_165930.jpg 20211106_174918.jpg 20211106_174913.jpg 20211106_165936.jpg 20211106_165930.jpg
I like purple tentacle,pinkish tipped torch I got also and the stylo quite cool.i made a bridge connecting both my rickworks together and started a zoa garden there in mid tank hight and will gauge how quickly they grow and see if want it growing on main rickwork or not.which I think looks cool if does so not that bothered I think anyway ^_^
But got now green and green zoa and green with purple tentacles so they be ok 20211106_164213.jpg

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%

Back