1200 Gallon Lagoon Build Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

U

User1

View Badges
It will be interesting to see how it develops in the next few years.

Sort of like a mini science project, right?

If you haven't already started (I'm sure you have though) it will be interesting to document the flow changes over time. Today is based on the current aquascape but coral growth over time should change that. Just picking up off your "next few years" comment. I think that is really true and a great point.

gump

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you switch the lights in the 1500 gal to G5, will you be using the blue or the pro?

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super nice and I love that this is a mixed reef; thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sort of like a mini science project, right?

If you haven't already started (I'm sure you have though) it will be interesting to document the flow changes over time. Today is based on the current aquascape but coral growth over time should change that. Just picking up off your "next few years" comment. I think that is really true and a great point.

This is a great point. We already want to add a couple more MP60’s for more flow in the front of the tank.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frank jumped in the lagoon to get this shot:

WWC_1520.JPG

U

User1

View Badges
Here is some eye candy from the lagoon:
WWC_1560.JPG

Very nice coral. Always partial these corals although the previous one I owned years ago was more cream and light green. I bet this one will thrive in its location. Thank you for sharing. Hope you, staff, and families are all doing well!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice coral. Always partial these corals although the previous one I owned years ago was more cream and light green. I bet this one will thrive in its location. Thank you for sharing. Hope you, staff, and families are all doing well!

Thank you. Theses photos were taken under full blue. Did yours look as you described under actinic? We are trying to put different color varieties together in the lagoon. We wish you the best as well.

U

User1

View Badges
Thank you. Theses photos were taken under full blue. Did yours look as you described under actinic? We are trying to put different color varieties together in the lagoon. We wish you the best as well.

No. The primary lighting was 2 x 175W metal halide's Ushio bulbs. I had a pair of
SVHO's I believe 48" in length for actinic. This was back in 2000 - 2001. Could be why I had a more cream or tan color effect.

I mean to ask. Ever think of any sea grass and pipe fish? Or would that potentially take over?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back