Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tanked people literally puffed a porcupine puffer on the intro and didn’t die. I think it’s OK to puff a puffer if you know they will be safe when going back into the water. Like if you were doing it on a fishing charter to show why they are called puffers. Dont puff your pet puffer though
The people on that show are awful. They put the spectacle of their ridiculous tanks above the well-being of the fish. I know there are proponents of the concept of an instant cycle, and while I’m not sure I’m convinced of (converting ammonia is only part of the cycling process, IMO), putting 15 fish in an hours old aquarium with only some bottled bacteria and no live rock is just irresponsible and unethical, and they do this for every aquarium they set up (I know people do this for trade shows, but they only leave it up for a couple days and do massive water changes if need be). I also think the show gives people a really unrealistic view of the hobby.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m talking for educational purposes. I don’t like it but for a unknowing person about the ethics of it to show it to another uneducated person seems okay
You know, there are comments that you make here and there that really make me question whether you should have animals in your care. Intentionally terrorizing a fish isn’t cool, regardless of whether it’s for ‘educational purposes’ (and what does that even mean? Why does anybody need to see a puffer puff up?). Not cool.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The people on that show are awful. They put the spectacle of their ridiculous tanks above the well-being of the fish. I know there are proponents of the concept of an instant cycle, and while I’m not sure I’m convinced of (converting ammonia is only part of the cycling process, IMO), putting 15 fish in an hours old aquarium with only some bottled bacteria and no live rock is just irresponsible and unethical, and they do this for every aquarium they set up (I know people do this for trade shows, but they only leave it up for a couple days and do massive water changes if need be). I also think the show gives people a really unrealistic view of the hobby.

yeah they also overstock way too small tanks and under decorate them. All those fake coral things they use are ugly

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed your signature quote Noah. Oppenheimer? Really? What kind of (alleged) 14 year old quotes Oppenheimer?!?!
Me
You know, there are comments that you make here and there that really make me question whether you should have animals in your care. Intentionally terrorizing a fish isn’t cool, regardless of whether it’s for ‘educational purposes’ (and what does that even mean? Why does anybody need to see a puffer puff up?). Not cool.
I mean like if you caught one while fishing. Of course don’t grab one and puff it but it’s basically gaeunteed to puff if you catch one

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had a tanked 2500 gallon and you were do8ng the right amount of wc. They use nutri sea water, 4$ a gallon. That’s 10000$ to fill and if you do enough wc (25% a week for their stocking) 10000$ a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back