150-170 PAR Acros

Aquanautical

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2019
Messages
266
Reaction score
472
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have some ideas for Acros that would do well at about 150-170 PAR?

I have a few spots slightly above the sandbed that I could put some, so far the only one I know would be a Hawkins enchinata
 
JF Jolt might work but that's pretty low. 200 to 250 might be better. Also depends if you have high or low nutrients. Lower nutrients = lower par needed otherwise acros will be pale.
 
Red planet usually still looks nice and grows in lower light
 
+1 on Red Planet, and Miyagi Tort
 
Oh yeah I love red planet, lol somehow that old school frag has been hard to find in my area

Good ideas, anyone kept a bonsai at low par?
 
I've kept Garf Bonsai at lower PAR and it still grows. I also had a Red Dragon grow very well under lower light.
 
I keep frakenberry in 160-170 par. Pretty good growth too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new