150 Stocking

fowler279

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes its another Stocking/Order thread. My 150G 60x24x24 is just about ready so time to get some fish. Here is what im thinking so far.

2 Clowns - Already have
1 Cleaner Shrimp - Already have

3 Banggai Cardinals
5 Blue/Green Chromis
1 Diamond Watchman Goby
1 Melanurus Wrasse
1 Carpenters Flasher Wrasse
1 One Spot Foxface
1 Tomini Tang
1 Yellow Tang

Order was thinking is pretty much as listed. Any other suggestions? Thanks

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes its another Stocking/Order thread. My 150G 60x24x24 is just about ready so time to get some fish. Here is what im thinking so far.

2 Clowns - Already have
1 Cleaner Shrimp - Already have

3 Banggai Cardinals
5 Blue/Green Chromis
1 Diamond Watchman Goby
1 Melanurus Wrasse
1 Carpenters Flasher Wrasse
1 One Spot Foxface
1 Tomini Tang
1 Yellow Tang

Order was thinking is pretty much as listed. Any other suggestions? Thanks
To me, that’s a good stock plan however I’d be weary about the 5 chromis just in case they whittle it down to one, I doubt they would in such a big tank though.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starry Blenny
1634672078647.png

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty reasonable overall.

Multiple bangaiis is tough. As juveniles, they live in groups. Mature fish pair off and don't like each other.

The tomini and diamond goby may not like each other. A tomini and starry blenny will likely hate each other. My tomini and lawnmower chase each other around my 6' 125. You probably have enough room, however. Also keep in mind that diamond gobies are NOT watchman gobies, as they don't pair with shrimp.

OP
OP
fowler279

fowler279

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me, that’s a good stock plan however I’d be weary about the 5 chromis just in case they whittle it down to one, I doubt they would in such a big tank though.
Yea I have heard about that. If they start picking on each other will move them to the soon to be frag tank. Will see what happens.

Pretty reasonable overall.

Multiple bangaiis is tough. As juveniles, they live in groups. Mature fish pair off and don't like each other.

The tomini and diamond goby may not like each other. A tomini and starry blenny will likely hate each other. My tomini and lawnmower chase each other around my 6' 125. You probably have enough room, however. Also keep in mind that diamond gobies are NOT watchman gobies, as they don't pair with shrimp.
Will prolly stick with 2 Banggi's. Good to know on the Tomini and Goby/Blenny. Didnt think that would happen. I thought about a YWG and a shrimp but have been thinking about a Flame Hawk as well and that would take the shrimp out.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I have heard about that. If they start picking on each other will move them to the soon to be frag tank. Will see what happens.

Will prolly stick with 2 Banggi's. Good to know on the Tomini and Goby/Blenny. Didnt think that would happen. I thought about a YWG and a shrimp but have been thinking about a Flame Hawk as well and that would take the shrimp out.
I would go for the hawk if it was my tank (Mainly because you would rarely see the shrimp anyway)
But the sounds would be perfect during a horror film, haha.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stocking list looks good. I have 30 odd fish in my 160-gallon, including: 8x green chromis, 4x lyretail/marcia's anthias, 4x azure/blue damsels, 2x clownfish, 2x midnight/coral beauty dwarf angels, midas blenny, flame hawkfish, sixline, cleaner and melanarus wrasses, striped dottyback, marine betta, sailfin tang and quoy's parrotfish.

I had problems keeping a small school of chromis, so I decided to "go big or go home" and added 10 additional "schoolers" to the pair of chromis already in the tank - and it's been a huge benefit (something about hiding in numbers that seems to relax the fish).

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
too small tank for a One Spot Foxface IMHO
Honestly, this is my opinion too (Although, I have a Magnificent foxface in a 4’ tank with a 5’ diagonal) they get to around 10” in max size whereas the smaller foxfaces remain 8-9” but mainly stay at 8”. Most one spot foxes don’t actually get to 10” and stay at around 7-8” possibly 9” but they’re still more active than other foxfaces.
I think something like:
- Siganus magnificus,
- Siganus niger (If you want to drop a bank for an almost completely washed out fish)
- Siganus uspi
Would be more suited to a tank that size. They’re also a lot less active (Especially the Magnificent) than most people think. They definitely aren’t like tangs in terms of swimming patterns, they more stay in one spot then move and hover there and repeat that the whole day

Last edited:

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be highly tempted to consider a pair of dwarf angels of some kind, as well as maybe a smaller “large” angel like a Genicanthus, maybe a small Chaetodontoplus too like a Melanosoma or Caeruleopunctatus if you can find one that’s healthy and eating.

So I’d get a pair of dwarfs, a Genicanthus or smaller species of Chaetodontoplus.

Yet another fish to consider IMO would be a Yellow Pyramid Butterfly, maybe even a Copperband if you can find one that’s healthy and eating. If you’re up for the price, a Burgess or Declivis Butterfly.

MichaelP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good list once the larger fish get big you might need to add two seed weed clips to keep them happy. Also for the wrasse I would add the flasher earlier they are pretty delicate compared to other wrasses and once established the haliclou… wrasses can get pretty large and aggressive

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As said above, Flashers are very shy fish with other aggressive fish already established so it’s best to add them in first.

OP
OP
fowler279

fowler279

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be highly tempted to consider a pair of dwarf angels of some kind, as well as maybe a smaller “large” angel like a Genicanthus, maybe a small Chaetodontoplus too like a Melanosoma or Caeruleopunctatus if you can find one that’s healthy and eating.

So I’d get a pair of dwarfs, a Genicanthus or smaller species of Chaetodontoplus.

Yet another fish to consider IMO would be a Yellow Pyramid Butterfly, maybe even a Copperband if you can find one that’s healthy and eating. If you’re up for the price, a Burgess or Declivis Butterfly.

I would love to have a Copperband. They are amazing looking fish. Reading up on them and others experiences has me a little scared though to try. At least currently.

Ill look into the Angels a little more. Didnt consider some of the ones you listed.

That’s a good list once the larger fish get big you might need to add two seed weed clips to keep them happy. Also for the wrasse I would add the flasher earlier they are pretty delicate compared to other wrasses and once established the haliclou… wrasses can get pretty large and aggressive

Good point. I can add the carpenter and maybe a fairy wrasse before adding the Melanurus.

Back