180 Aquarium Powerhead Placement Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cole_lol
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cole_lol

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2012
Messages
66
Reaction score
10
Location
Great Falls, MT
What state or country do you live in
Montana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Looking for a little help. I have a standard 180 gallon aquarium and I just recently upgraded power heads.

I purchased two Vortech MP40s and have them placed at the opposite ends of the aquarium at about 80% on with master and slave one reef rest anti-sync.

I purchased these pumps to help with the water movement due to cyno in spots of the aquarium.

So I would like suggestions on placement. I have 3 hydor korellas and two coral vue dual head power heads that are needing placement suggestions. Attached is a drawing of my aquarium and a front pic of the actual aquarium. Any suggestion would be awesome.
null_zpsb527f880.jpg


null_zps815acabe.jpg
 
1 on both ends and 1 koralia in the middle to help dispurse the flow in the middle. As nice as vortechs are, they seem to drop the flow around 3 especially if running >75%
 
Drop the flow around 3? Not sure i know what that means.

Should I adjust the output lower?
 
Last edited:
Put an mp40 on each end and turn em up to 100%. Point a koralia behind the rocks and place it on a side near the bottom, and point one towards the surface in the middle.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new