OP
K

Kehy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unburied my test kit!

Looks like low levels of both Ammonia and Nitrate, and just to make sure the cycle is capable and nearly done... I totally overshot on the amount of ammonia I needed. I thought I added what would be 30% of the ammonia needed to get 1 gallon of water to 2ppm. Clearly not. Water change it is!

Ammonia before:
dQkOjst.jpg

After Ammonia + nitrates
zUhPJ44.jpg

Oops!
TTMX1Id.jpg

Jesoccer94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super cool! Smallest set up I've ever had was a 20L. Think it would be neat to have something like this!

OP
OP
K

Kehy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna go with this level of ammonia, it's a hair more reasonable, haha. Once this is gone, I'll do a water change and can the tank cycled. I also added a few more chunks of dry stuff, including several pieces of what I'm guessing are Bird's nest skeleton. Those might look ok in the display at some point.

8KLjaIK.jpg

86NyOup.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kehy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright getting a 0 reading on the ammonia, but unfortunately realized my nitrate test is expired and giving me absolutely no results (unless I actually have 0 nitrates after cycling that much ammonia, with nothing to be using it). Throwing caution to the wind, as is my way, after a water change tomorrow, time for the zoas!

My concern would be for the light intensity, as it's quite different to the tank they're in now. I think I've got a plan though...

OP
OP
K

Kehy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The actual start of the tank has been delayed... since this is now the world's smallest frag tank (for now). Hopefully I can get this stuff gone after this weekend. I don't want to move with it, and I want my actual hardscape to go in. Hopefully that tight-fitting frag rack didn't scratch the tank...

More pics to come when it's not 5am and I get off work.
AtRf5ZY.jpg

The "dimmable" light
58nmD5h.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back