2 Gen Tangs killed by anemone.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The good news is that gem tangs are half the price as they were a year ago. I don't suggest 2 of the same tangs in that size of tank. Maybe they missed their dad and fought. Wait 60 days, get a 20g qt and buy a white Tail and a gem. Qt for 30 days. Get rid of the nem.

Mwatts12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. This story had more holes than Swiss cheese.

OP, respect the hobby. Take care of your fish. Let’s start with not keeping 2 tangs in a tiny tank.

ReefingDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IVe had all my fish for over a year, I haven’t added anything new, and I’ve had one other fish death, and I’m telling you it was caused by the anemone as I found it INSIDE the anemone when it was dead.
You literally added some fish the second half of October. Since then, you've lost those fish and the tangs. Sounds like fish disease...

Not sure why the dishonesty and insistence otherwise.

RaymondNoodles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You literally added some fish the second half of October. Since then, you've lost those fish and the tangs. Sounds like fish disease...

Not sure why the dishonesty and insistence otherwise.
I just read the same thing in OP’s previous posts. Wow. The whole story didn’t make sense, at first.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also op in post 1 said
I was away for treatment at a hospital, and my wonderful girlfriend ordered me a coral on fragbox trying to be nice. No warnings, no saying that it wasn’t reef safe anywhere and she does not know anything about this stuff. So she put it in there.

So here they are saying the gf put the anemone in the tank while he was away at the hospital

But here
And here

The op is at home, in possession of the anemone after it’s arrival and is asking questions about it while it is in a cup of water, and they are asking if it’s ok for them to add it to the tank

Why blame the gf for adding it? There’s no point. She bought it. You added it. Why blame her for adding it? Why say it was added when you were in the hospital? It wasn’t

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1702108274695.gif

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Receipts were kept.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasting everyone's time with lies and falsehoods is rather shameful behavior. I don't believe the OP is straight up trolling but who really knows at this point. What I do know is I won't be answering any more of this individual's questions moving forward.

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thread should be closed. Shameful. Please respect the hobby and your fellow hobbyists by being truthful next time around. You might actually learn something beneficial for not only your success in this hobby, but the success of keeping healthy and happy specimens.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, when you sharks smell blood in the water you're brutal.
We are here giving people our time and attention to help them and ask nothing in return. Time spent getting run around in circles because of deliberate lies is time that could have been spent helping others who really need it. We aren't the sharks, the OP is the shark.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, when you sharks smell blood in the water you're brutal.
I honestly think OP is a compulsive liar

First sentence in this thread:
So I’ve had my two beautiful gem tangs for a year now
But dig in history and see my screenshot from October - they just got the Gem tang in October

They also say they have two gem tangs in the subject then later say it’s one gem tang and one other tang
0D1F7E29-285E-4461-B0BB-886E18C155F4.jpeg

Last edited:

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thread should be closed. Shameful. Please respect the hobby and your fellow hobbyists by being truthful next time around. You might actually learn something beneficial for not only your success in this hobby, but the success of keeping healthy and happy specimens.
Agree, we get it, OP screwed up at this point the people are just piling on. Close the thread.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not wanting to pile on, but a scape like that is never going to be good for a tang, let alone two. They need places to hide fully out of view and feel secure by their lonesome on all sides. If a tang had a good hiding place, then it would never be seen again after it died - it could just stay in that spot while it decomposed in a few days.

Dead or struggling tangs should not be able to get blown into a nem looking for a free meal from a creature unable to fight back.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

• I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back