2 Hour DOA... What is wrong with this forum

Wow. I started a thread like this a while back and is started a big argument like this. I came to realize I was just dealing with an unusually nefarious seller on Ebay. However due to the experience, I will never shop on Ebay again for marine life, even though I know most sellers are probably descent. My nem arrived half dead in a ridiculously small bag with discolored water. It was obvious that there was Ammonia poisoning going on. However because of the technicality of the 2 hour DOA policy and the pictures not getting to the seller until 3 hours or so due to the shipper fudging the delivery time, I was SOL. In this case, the seller was obviously at fault because of the irresponsible way he shipped the anemone in a tiny zip lock bag. Ebay ruled in my favor and told me to return it for a refund, but by that point the anemone had decomposed, so there was nothing to return that wouldn't be a biohazard. Additionally the seller sent threatening messages after Ebay ruled in my favor. It got so ridiculous I just cut my losses and decided not to business on Ebay again. The seller was "reef-tank-lover" BTW.

I wonder what the regulations are regarding the shipment of dead decomposing animals. I suppose I could have used that angle.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new