2 Hour DOA... What is wrong with this forum

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I started a thread like this a while back and is started a big argument like this. I came to realize I was just dealing with an unusually nefarious seller on Ebay. However due to the experience, I will never shop on Ebay again for marine life, even though I know most sellers are probably descent. My nem arrived half dead in a ridiculously small bag with discolored water. It was obvious that there was Ammonia poisoning going on. However because of the technicality of the 2 hour DOA policy and the pictures not getting to the seller until 3 hours or so due to the shipper fudging the delivery time, I was SOL. In this case, the seller was obviously at fault because of the irresponsible way he shipped the anemone in a tiny zip lock bag. Ebay ruled in my favor and told me to return it for a refund, but by that point the anemone had decomposed, so there was nothing to return that wouldn't be a biohazard. Additionally the seller sent threatening messages after Ebay ruled in my favor. It got so ridiculous I just cut my losses and decided not to business on Ebay again. The seller was "reef-tank-lover" BTW.

I wonder what the regulations are regarding the shipment of dead decomposing animals. I suppose I could have used that angle.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back