2 Porcupine Puffers together?

pufferenthusiast

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2024
Messages
68
Reaction score
11
Location
Columbus
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my first puffer since July 21 of 2024, recently decided to buy another and put them together. I bought a fish breeding net to separate them for the time being while they both adjust, anything else I should do? 1” size difference between the two, no obvious signs of aggression, my larger puffer is biting at the net box however with the smaller one inside.

IMG_3317.jpeg image.jpg
 
I’ve had my first puffer since July 21 of 2024, recently decided to buy another and put them together. I bought a fish breeding net to separate them for the time being while they both adjust, anything else I should do? 1” size difference between the two, no obvious signs of aggression, my larger puffer is biting at the net box however with the smaller one inside.

IMG_3317.jpeg image.jpg
Checked on them the next morning, nipping of net has stopped. Larger one seems to show no interest anymore besides the occasional “side eye”, smaller one wants out
 
Mixing puffers has been done. I've never seen it in small (relative to what puffers need) tanks. I'm sure someone will be able to help out who has some experience mixing puffers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new