20 gallon

Jaime grey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon, that I’m almost done cycling, from a 10 gallon im transferring two platinum small clownfish, one tail spot blenny and a fire shrimp. I was just wondering If anyone had any reccomendations for what I could add to my 20 gallon. Preferebly I would prefer to add 1 more fish and some new and interesting critters/ inverts instead of multiple fish. I know it’s still quite small but any help would be appreciated. Very little amount of coral will be added.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A royal gramma would add a lot of color. Although probably the most striking shrimp, the fire shrimp are pretty reclusive. I would go with a skunk cleaner shrimp, always out and about and will clean your hand for free when its in the tank. I would add some nassarius snails for the sand. 1 or 2 turbo snails, trochus, emerald crab and cerith snails. Good scavengers would be dwarf red and blue legged hermit crabs. Add slowly as more food becomes available so they don’t starve.

OP
OP
J

Jaime grey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A royal gramma would add a lot of color. Although probably the most striking shrimp, the fire shrimp are pretty reclusive. I would go with a skunk cleaner shrimp, always out and about and will clean your hand for free when its in the tank. I would add some nassarius snails for the sand. 1 or 2 turbo snails, trochus, emerald crab and cerith snails. Good scavengers would be dwarf red and blue legged hermit crabs. Add slowly as more food becomes available so they don’t starve.
Is there any, any possible way I could add a brittle starfish, I love how they look and realize that the tank might be too small. Any thoughts?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any, any possible way I could add a brittle starfish, I love how they look and realize that the tank might be too small. Any thoughts?
Ya, but you should add micro brittle stars, I purchased mine from a member on here almost 2 years ago. You might have to do a search but some of the big vendors probably carry them. Let me know if you can’t find any.
DDF78BF0-3D04-43A0-95B5-1E03FE18876E.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jaime grey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, but you should add micro brittle stars, I purchased mine from a member on here almost 2 years ago. You might have to do a search but some of the big vendors probably carry them. Let me know if you can’t find any.
DDF78BF0-3D04-43A0-95B5-1E03FE18876E.jpeg
Thanks, I’ll take a look around

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back