Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 pages, not quite 20 long questions. More than 20. I'm going to bed too. Does that mean we are sleeping together tonight?
Canadian Dancing GIF by Pure Noise Records

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna stick to the sun blaster and figure out reflectors and just hang it
they sell reflectors for them or can buy them already attached

They used to be super cheap but since COVID, prices have gone up in this hobby on pretty much everything. heh.

Here is another with reflectors attached, there are many brands that all look similar so its best just to shop around for the best price when you are ready to buy.

link <-----

Last edited:

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
different places=different tapwater. my tap had ammonia and all sorts of stuff that almost crashed my tank

That's why I said it depends on the local water utilities tests. Water utilities are requred by law to post tests and should be found online. Locally here in cetral TX chloramines are used in tapwater and I have to use dechlorinators. Ammonia, per sey, isn't an issue for me as it's preffered by corals over nitrate as a source on nitrogen.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why I said it depends on the local water utilities tests. Water utilities are requred by law to post tests and should be found online. Locally here in cetral TX chloramines are used in tapwater and I have to use dechlorinators. Ammonia, per sey, isn't an issue for me as it's preffered by corals over nitrate as a source on nitrogen.
I agree with ammonia and stuff, it’s better to not cycle a tank with dry rock and macroalgae or hardy coral or in freshwater, plants because the bacteria will compete with the coral. You COULD theoretically do this if you had lots of macros and lots of corals from day 1

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, would dosing ammonia in my water changes be benefical?

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, would dosing ammonia in my water changes be benefical?

By far the best way to feed your corals ammonia/ammonium is to feed your fish. Besides also adding phosphorus which is needed along with nitrogen to avoid phosphate deficiency which can promote bleaching and death, fish will excrete urea and amino acids, both preferred forms of nitrogen to nitrates. (I would never dose any form of nitrates.) Additionally fish poop is rich and calcium and magnesium carbonates which are also needed by corals. So feed your fish, monitor alkalinity, calcium and magnesium and dose as needed and do water changes to remove refractory DOC and the hydrophilic and hydrophobic alleopathic compounds produced by the organisms in your system.

DIP DOP POP.jpg

Context‐dependent effects of nutrient loading on the coral–algal mutualism(1).png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back